“Well worth the money, simple but clean”
Review of Umi London

Umi London
Ranked #806 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stayed in the Umi hotel with friends, we booked quite late, literally a few days before we went & this was a last option. We had looked at a few other hotels within this price range & found they had bad reviews so we just hoped for the best with this one.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find it situated in quite a nice area, though it wasn't the best it was out of the way enough to allow a decent sleep. The tube station was a short walk away & the location wasn't awful, as we did most of our travelling on the tubes & knew the lines quite well already.

The room we had was a twin bunk, it was 2 bunk beds, a desk, freeview television, kettle & en-suite. It was clean , white sheets on the bed which were spotless so I can't complain. Bathroom was statisfactory, not spotless but not dirty as such. Though two of the lights were literally hanging off the wall (Yes safety hazard you would think) there was no major issues, though I was fairly annoyed that you had to squeeze against the wall to get to the top bunk on one of the beds, they had clearly not thought the postion of the bed through.

Overall I liked the hotel, I found it was clean & well worth the money. I would definately stay here next time I visit London as the price is great for what you get & I've heard some real horror stories of other hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2009

We were 3 persons who stayed 3 nights in May in a double and single room. Very good service in reception and breakfast room. Good breakfast apart from tea and coffee which did not taste very much. Big double room, but very small single room. Comfort in beds could have been better. Otherwise great location in quet surroundings

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We were a group of 10 girls on a hen weekend from Wales. Very close to Paddington Station and a few minutes walk from shops and restaurants. Very friendly staff, rooms were very clean and our towels were changed eventhough we were only there for two nights which we didn't expect.
Continental breakfast was very nice and was served until noon. The barman in the bar downstairs was very friendly and stayed open until the early hours!!
Would definatly recommend this hotel and would stay again if I were to visit London.
Great weekend, thanks!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank missbunton
Reviewed 1 April 2009

The hotel is in a perfect position to visit London, very close to the yellow, red and green tube line (I think this is the strongest point of this structure).
Rooms are old (wooden flat, old moquette) but sufficiently clean and spacious.
The quarter is lovely and very quiet; in a fiew minutes by feet you are in Queensway, an animated and cool street full of pubs, restaurant, night opened supermarket
Prices of rooms are cheap for London. I would advise this hotel

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vale241
Reviewed 18 March 2009

we stayed at umi london last week we were a group of 42 people, we had such a great stay the staff was really friendly and hard working, the food was great the breakfast was much more than we expectted ( continential) the concierge was very helpfull and the reception staff and cafe staff was very hard working and nice, the rooms were very clean the housekeeping was fantastic! great location , quite hotel and great prices.

we are deffinently coming back.
and we were very happy with our stay there.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank Diva_9
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I am not sharing the love for this hotel. Maybe I got an old single room but it was decidedly tatty and poorly furnished. The bathroom had a pull cord light for goodness sake. On the plus side the staff were friendly and with loads of European families staying there was a very nice atmosphere about the place. I will stay again and see if I was just unlucky with the room but overall I have stayed in better value for money alternatives in pretty much the same location.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mertz
Reviewed 6 February 2009

This is a gem of an hotel in one of the best locations in London. Its near to all forms of public transport in a very nice area of London.

Reception, cafe and relaxation areas were clean, stylish and comfortable. Loads of free daily newpapers, Timeout etc.

Roam was compact and neat as a pin. Very comfortable bed(single). Had little extras such as a sewing kit, tea and cofee etc which one does not expect from an hotel in London in this category.

Breakfast for me was great - A big frothy cappucino, croissants, muesli and orange juice along with a national daily newspaper.

Service in reception was courteous and efficent. I stayed here on the night of the worst snow in London in 18 years (1st Feb 2009) and so glad that I did.

Recommend this place without hesitation.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LondonCeltic