“Small room but good location. Bad for car parking.”
Review of Umi London

Umi London
Ranked #807 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2009

It was ok. The room was very small which i knew beforehand but it was clean and good enough for a couple of days. I had big hassles getting out of the hotel though as there is no where to park and load up the car and i had to park down the street and try to ring up and pay for parking even though i was leaving and only wanted to grab my cases and go. I tried ringing and ended up spending a heap more $$ on the phone call than the parking fee. I was really annoyed as all i wanted to do was go and i thought it was all ridiculous. They should get special permission for a drop off/pickup bay. it is in a good location, near Hyde park and Oxford St.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2009

although staff are helpful and polite. I am afraid the hotel is let down by at least the room I stayed in. It was not cleaned well and the furniture a litle shabby. Taps and showers didnt work well. One good point is its location. Near to tube ,shops and many types of eateries.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We stayed in the en-suite twin bedrooms. Although rooms are a little small, they are nicely designed and with all amenities provided - clean towels, wardrobe, tea and coffee, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. The hotel is located slightly off the Bayswater high street so there are plenty of eateries and shops nearby! Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I was really impressed with Umi Hotel. The location is very pleasant - on a quiet square with a nice little park and very close to some decent restaurants. Bayswater and Queensway tube stations are about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and a taxi from Paddington costs about 7 pounds. Rooms are small, but clean - the rooms overlooking the park are nice. And they have small LCD TVs, which is a nice touch. The only negative thing is that the noise in the hallways of people hauling their luggage can be a little annoying, and the floors are pretty creaky, but it's an oldish building, so that's to be expected. The continental breakfast is really substantial and you get proper lattes if you want also. The staff were also really friendly and warm. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I stayed in the Umi hotel with friends, we booked quite late, literally a few days before we went & this was a last option. We had looked at a few other hotels within this price range & found they had bad reviews so we just hoped for the best with this one.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find it situated in quite a nice area, though it wasn't the best it was out of the way enough to allow a decent sleep. The tube station was a short walk away & the location wasn't awful, as we did most of our travelling on the tubes & knew the lines quite well already.

The room we had was a twin bunk, it was 2 bunk beds, a desk, freeview television, kettle & en-suite. It was clean , white sheets on the bed which were spotless so I can't complain. Bathroom was statisfactory, not spotless but not dirty as such. Though two of the lights were literally hanging off the wall (Yes safety hazard you would think) there was no major issues, though I was fairly annoyed that you had to squeeze against the wall to get to the top bunk on one of the beds, they had clearly not thought the postion of the bed through.

Overall I liked the hotel, I found it was clean & well worth the money. I would definately stay here next time I visit London as the price is great for what you get & I've heard some real horror stories of other hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We were 3 persons who stayed 3 nights in May in a double and single room. Very good service in reception and breakfast room. Good breakfast apart from tea and coffee which did not taste very much. Big double room, but very small single room. Comfort in beds could have been better. Otherwise great location in quet surroundings

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We were a group of 10 girls on a hen weekend from Wales. Very close to Paddington Station and a few minutes walk from shops and restaurants. Very friendly staff, rooms were very clean and our towels were changed eventhough we were only there for two nights which we didn't expect.
Continental breakfast was very nice and was served until noon. The barman in the bar downstairs was very friendly and stayed open until the early hours!!
Would definatly recommend this hotel and would stay again if I were to visit London.
Great weekend, thanks!