“Citadines apart hotel Barbican London. Worth staying!”

Citadines Barbican London
Ranked #394 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had wondered what an apart hotel would offer that a hotel wouldn't.
On arrival at reception staff were welcoming and warm. A big plus for me! However, as a lone woman traveller, it was a bit disturbing that the member of staff said my room number in a fairly loud voice- this might need to be addressed. Who knows who is listening nearby?
Anyway, up to the room, and I was very impressed by the room and the kitchenette. A fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave, a little hob, cutlery and crockery in modern kitchen units. There was also a toaster!
The bathroom was a bit of a mixture. Great modern washbasin and shower, but a toilet that isn't slimline or modern. Paintwork and tiling needs to be updated.
Lovely TV with satellite, and a good table/desk. Ironing board and hair dryer. All good.
Very comfortable bed.
A GREAT plus is free wifi throughout the building.

Breakfast was rather disappointing. Continental with salami and rubbery cheese. Yoghurt, croissants, and toast, and indifferent coffee. On the plus side, the fruit salad was lovely, and so was the fruit juice and the boiled eggs!
The cereals were also good.

The main thing is that the room is excellent overall.

I will ask to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank rainbowsue0
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Citadines Barbican. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was very happy with the size, layout and cleanliness of my single sofa bed room. The location is perfect for me between Barbican station and my company's London office. Tesco Express practically next door lets you make full use of the very well equipped little kitchen.

I have only one gripe and I hope I don't have to mention next time I stay as I have decided its not really acceptable. The cover on the sofa bed was very dirty and I eventually pulled it back and sat only on the blankets underneath. Real shame as the bed itself was nice and comfy when sleeping.

As I said I will stay here again as its very convenient and otherwise great value. Just hope they wash those sofa covers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon H

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Regular cleaning and maintenance is carried out in our serviced residence. We regret that you found your Sofa bed cover dirty. Following your feedback, we have reminded them to be more alert and careful.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was put up in Citadines for 2 weeks by my company. It is nothing like the pictures suggest on the hotel website. The sofa-cum bed is extremely uncomfortable (i could hear the springs when making the minutest movement). When the sofa-bed is opened, there is not even an inch of space to move around. The bathroom was pretty sad too. Shower was ok but the lighting was dull giving it a dingy look. Breakfast is pretty boring and not value for money. The view from the rooms is not even a bustling road but drab almost empty office buildings. Throw in the English weather and you will for sure feel pretty miserable. I am sure in this budget, much better service apartments can be found.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank tanaya s

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with Citadines Barbican and that we could not make your stay more comfortable.
As a serviced residence, we always consider the comfort of our residents of utmost importance for this reason I want to inform you that all our sofa bed have been replaced by proper bed. Moreover, we have different room types to adapt to our guest needs.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home.
We would have loved to be able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Tiny serviced apartment that i use as a home away from home. Staff friendly and hotel well located opposite Barbican, short walk to St Pauls and all the sights. Very quiet on the weekends as its in the business end of town.

Room Tip: some face the street and others the rear lane. Lane is quieter but rooms overlooked by offices. Main...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Citadines Barbican as your prefered accommodation during your stay in London. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Citadine barbican is a good hotel to stay for those who has food allergy problem because it is an
apartment hotel with facilities to heat up simple food bought from nearby tesco express. It has storage and laundry facilities to cater for travellers who wishes to visit other European cities or
other parts of UK. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Just two underground stations from
King Cross/St Pancreas.

Will stay here again in the future. It is like a home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your compliments about our serviced residence during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and service. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

First stay 16 Sept. Travelling with a baby but reception were great, cot ready in the room, took our bags before I could ask, helped with the parking, really great arrival experience.

Only one night but everything worked fine. Would suggest adjusting the internal door closers to a slower pace, a bit inconvenient - presume it's a fire reg to have them on internal doors? Internet should be plug & play, not this MI6/CIA level of security passwords. At least make the username easy, either defaulting to room number or surname off hotel computer system interface.

Hard getting even a 30 minute late check-out (I was stuck in a meeting), but got it in the end.

Overall great, coming back 2 days later.

Room Tip: Stayed in an apartment type room, excellent value. The Studio Club looks good too. High floors prett...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We often stay in apartment hotels when travelling with our kids. We prefer making our own breakfasts and having access to washing facilities etc. Citadines was okay, but I would choose somewhere else next time - Marlin apartments for example have washing machines in the kitchenette, Citadines just had a shared laundry in the basement.

One thing that drove me particularly mad was the self-closing doors in the apartment. They're all very heavy doors and very dangerous for the fingers of a small child! My best tip if staying here is to take a pocket full of doorstops with you.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back, on the 6th floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback.
I noticed that we failed to meet your expectations in certain aspects of your recent stay with us, I offer you my deepest apologies for having failed to give you the service all our residents expect.
We do hope you will give us another opportunity to change the impression you have of us.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback. From all of us at Citadines Barbican, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences