“Just what was needed.”

Ranked #396 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Just what was needed.”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Was on a 3 week business trip and find not want to eat out each evening so chose this hotel. Very clean and comfortable . Beds now static and room could be slightly bigger. Kitchenette great and nice modern bathroom. I slept very well and all in all would highly recommend. Staff very helpful. Used their umbrellas in reception on a number of occasions. Nice touch. So convenient for tube etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicwray
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback.
It really is motivating for us to see that our guests enjoyed their experience here.
We would indeed be very happy to welcome you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night for work and was happy. It's not luxury, and the price reflects the fabulous location, but it's clean, quiet, comfy and convenient. The staff on reception were nice. I didn't try the breakfast but would have liked a few more tea bags in my room (2 was a bit tight). It to have a kitchenette and there's a lot of places to eat nearby. I'd stay again if the opportunity arose.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ToonTravels1958
Thank you very much for your review.
We were very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to fully enjoy the surroundings as well.
We would be delighted to welcome you again if the opportunity arise.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Helpful, friendly staff. Good room, comfortable beds. A bonus having a mini kitchen. Would definitely stay again. Good location near Barbican tube station and Tesco express.Breakfast was available , if required... didn't eat there so can't comment on food quality.

Room Tip: 317 quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
On behalf of the team here, we would like to thank you for your review.
We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Citadines Barbican.
We are looking forward welcoming you again.
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed there for a week while on a business trip. The front office team was very helpful. The gentleman on duty was kind enough to offer me an upgrade and help me with the lock of my suitcase which was stuck. Studio was very spacious and contained everything one can need. Barbican station was 3-5 min away only.

Overall was an excellent choice for my one week stay.

Alaa

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Alaa_QT
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will share your compliments with my colleagues. Thank you again for sharing your experience at Citadines Barbican and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Wimborne
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had wondered what an apart hotel would offer that a hotel wouldn't.
On arrival at reception staff were welcoming and warm. A big plus for me! However, as a lone woman traveller, it was a bit disturbing that the member of staff said my room number in a fairly loud voice- this might need to be addressed. Who knows who is listening nearby?
Anyway, up to the room, and I was very impressed by the room and the kitchenette. A fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave, a little hob, cutlery and crockery in modern kitchen units. There was also a toaster!
The bathroom was a bit of a mixture. Great modern washbasin and shower, but a toilet that isn't slimline or modern. Paintwork and tiling needs to be updated.
Lovely TV with satellite, and a good table/desk. Ironing board and hair dryer. All good.
Very comfortable bed.
A GREAT plus is free wifi throughout the building.

Breakfast was rather disappointing. Continental with salami and rubbery cheese. Yoghurt, croissants, and toast, and indifferent coffee. On the plus side, the fruit salad was lovely, and so was the fruit juice and the boiled eggs!
The cereals were also good.

The main thing is that the room is excellent overall.

I will ask to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank rainbowsue0
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Citadines Barbican. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was very happy with the size, layout and cleanliness of my single sofa bed room. The location is perfect for me between Barbican station and my company's London office. Tesco Express practically next door lets you make full use of the very well equipped little kitchen.

I have only one gripe and I hope I don't have to mention next time I stay as I have decided its not really acceptable. The cover on the sofa bed was very dirty and I eventually pulled it back and sat only on the blankets underneath. Real shame as the bed itself was nice and comfy when sleeping.

As I said I will stay here again as its very convenient and otherwise great value. Just hope they wash those sofa covers!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon H
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Regular cleaning and maintenance is carried out in our serviced residence. We regret that you found your Sofa bed cover dirty. Following your feedback, we have reminded them to be more alert and careful.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was put up in Citadines for 2 weeks by my company. It is nothing like the pictures suggest on the hotel website. The sofa-cum bed is extremely uncomfortable (i could hear the springs when making the minutest movement). When the sofa-bed is opened, there is not even an inch of space to move around. The bathroom was pretty sad too. Shower was ok but the lighting was dull giving it a dingy look. Breakfast is pretty boring and not value for money. The view from the rooms is not even a bustling road but drab almost empty office buildings. Throw in the English weather and you will for sure feel pretty miserable. I am sure in this budget, much better service apartments can be found.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank tanaya s
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with Citadines Barbican and that we could not make your stay more comfortable.
As a serviced residence, we always consider the comfort of our residents of utmost importance for this reason I want to inform you that all our sofa bed have been replaced by proper bed. Moreover, we have different room types to adapt to our guest needs.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home.
We would have loved to be able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.