“Central London base”

Citadines Barbican London
Ranked #404 of 1,073 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a very comfortable, reasonably priced hotel for central London (£99 for double). Close to Barbican tube station. Tea making and basic kitchen facilities included. Would use again.
It is such a silly idea having a minimum length for reviews. It means I wiill not bedoing one in future!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Dave S
There are newer reviews for Citadines Barbican London

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed for two nights over the New Year break.
Excellent location & very close to the tube (Barbican).
Pleasant & knowledgeable staff.
Must say a special mention to Diane. Due to the various weather related train delays etc from Gatwick we were running late for a show but she sorted a well priced cab & checked with the cab firm on our chances of making the show in current traffic.
Spotless room on arrival & everything worked. Top marks to housekeeping & maintenance dept. Deffo recommend & will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When I am travelling, I do like the option of being able to cook for myself and to stay centrally so that you can have a mid day respite if you like. This venue was excellent for both. The small kitchen allowed you to prepare basic meals and to keep fresh milk and such in the fridge.
When we arrived, we were given a complimentary continental breakfast which was fresh and decent on both days.
The location is great, central to all amenities. It was a short walk to St Paul's and there is plenty to see and do in the City.
It was a very short walk from the Barbican tube as well as being on a bus route.
I would recommend the venue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HPL93
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed in room 516 on the 5th floor of a total of 7 floors. At the rear of the building overlooking a cul-de sac street so no noise from the main road but not much a view from the window. Close to the Barbican tube station and not far from Smithfield Market and St Paul’s Cathedral. You are in the City area of London so not really convient for the theatre or shopping districts.

Compact room but well designed to provide a lot of facilities in a small space. Plenty of storage space. This is much more than a hotel room. It’s really like having a small apartment in London. Iron/Ironing board and safe. Small kitchen area containing two plate electric cooker, microwave, fridge and tiny dishwasher (tablets and wahing up liquid supplied).

Flat screen TV with Freeview channels and free wi-fi which achieved around 3Kb/min when tested at 6pm. If breakfast is not incuded it will cost you £12 in the ground floor restaurant. There are quite a few coffee shops nearby (Costa etc) if you want to pick up a coffee and croissant. Single easy chair and a large desk at which to work.

The double bed was firm and big enough for one but would be a bit cozy for two. Clean sheets.

The bath is a bit on the small side. It’s not big enough to stretch out and relax without sticking your legs out of the water. Lots of hot water and a soap dispenser by the shower. This soap dispenser was not within easy reach when having a bath however which was a bit annoying.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank whc23
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Guests,

On behalf of Citadines Barbican's team I would like to thank you very much for all your encouraging reviews. Also, I am taking this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year 2014.

We are looking forward having the pleasure to welcome you here soon !

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I wish I could give half stars, as this place was a close to 5 stars as it can get. I was going to a concert in the Barbican centre, this apartotel was perfectly sited. I arrived very breathless and struggling to catch my breath (I am asthmatic, my throat had dried up in the cold dry air), the receptionists were lovely and made sure I was ok before I went out to the concert and arranged to have my bag taken to my room while I was out. When I returned just as promised my bag was in my room. I was warned that this room had a pull down bed, but not that it was disability enabled, so I did struggle somewhat with finding light switches to start with as they are sited at wheelchair height, once I worked that out, I enjoyed my room a great deal. Nice Samsung tv with a working, simple to operate remote, once I had stopped trying to work it upside down! plenty of spaces for storage and surfaces for cosmetics. Lovely kitchenette, where I made myself a drink and prepared some instant porridge the next morning after one of the best night's sleep I've ever had the pleasure of! I even tried to find the name of the mattress manufacturer as my bed is approaching the end of its life. The room was virtually spotless, I think the bathroom grout is getting a bit elderly, the towels are a little stingy in size (but pristine white and soft) and the liquid soap in the dispenser had all but run out. The room was on the seventh floor and as a result lovely and quiet, you have to use your key card to get in the main door and to access the lift, which gives a nice sense of security. OK, I admit I am being very nitpicking in my quibbles, but giving such high points, I felt duty-bound to indicate the good and not so good points. I can't comment about the breakfast as I decided fruit and porridge in my room would suffice as it did! I would definitely try to book a room there if I were attending another event at the Barbican.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mediastar-1
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Was on a 3 week business trip and find not want to eat out each evening so chose this hotel. Very clean and comfortable . Beds now static and room could be slightly bigger. Kitchenette great and nice modern bathroom. I slept very well and all in all would highly recommend. Staff very helpful. Used their umbrellas in reception on a number of occasions. Nice touch. So convenient for tube etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicwray
ANNECURTIN, Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback.
It really is motivating for us to see that our guests enjoyed their experience here.
We would indeed be very happy to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night for work and was happy. It's not luxury, and the price reflects the fabulous location, but it's clean, quiet, comfy and convenient. The staff on reception were nice. I didn't try the breakfast but would have liked a few more tea bags in my room (2 was a bit tight). It to have a kitchenette and there's a lot of places to eat nearby. I'd stay again if the opportunity arose.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ToonTravels1958

Thank you very much for your review.
We were very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to fully enjoy the surroundings as well.
We would be delighted to welcome you again if the opportunity arise.