“Friendly staff and No Bedbugs in my room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Earls Court

Hotel Earls Court
Ranked #824 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Streator,Illinois
“Friendly staff and No Bedbugs in my room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I have stayed at the hotel at least 8 times over the last and I have always had a pleasant stay. I find all the staff friendly and my room always clean. Perfect it is not but at the rate I pay for a room I am thoughly satisfied. I have never seen a bedbug in my room contrary to what the other reviews are saying. I will continue to stay at this hotel as I fine it just fine. Perhaps people are expecting to much. If you want five star service etc. then get a room in a five star hotel and be prepared to pay the high price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rocmanil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! The hotel is very dirty, every room is covered with bed bugs!! Someone should shut this place down!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank julialcantara

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Zagreb, Croatia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I booked this hotel with my Master Card. It was only after I booked it that I read the reviews on tripadvisor. There was one case of credit card fraud reported there. In two days there was an illicit transaction on my card. I would like to warn everyone intending to book this hotel not to use their credit card. Needless to stay that I cancelled the hotel and chose another one.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank masa2802
Basel, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

The first review I write but maybe it helps others picking something more valuable.
Though the receptionist was friendly, the indian "boss" was unfriendly when I asked for an official invoice as I was there for a business trip. "We usually dont so this" was his answer, and "the room wasn't booked on the company name" even though it was. When paying by creditcard, he automatically charged me in my home currency, which was a worse exchange rate (I checked later) and he wanted me to sign this receipt saying I understood that I was given the chance between paying in GBP or my home currency and that this was irreversible, even though he didnt tell me anything, just gave me the receipt to sign, which I did not and told him to cancel this transaction and make a new one in GBP, which he did but in not a very friendly way.
We didnt like the room, there were hairs on the bedlinen and the floor was filthy. The room was towards the street so it was quite loud. We didnt even enter the brakfast room in the cellar once, because the hotel was so dirty we knew what we could expect from the breakfast and went outside rather to pay more and get decent quality.
Although we wanted to stay close to Earls court, so the hotel had a great location for us, we definitely never go there again and advise everyone rather to pick someting else. The year before we had stayed in the easyhotel close by which was cleaner and had a better price/value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank dermeister
Lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

Although the location is good, that is the only good thing we could say about this place. The first room we were placed in had bed bugs. When we informed the hotel we were moved to another room, only to wake in the ngiht to find it infested as well - bed bugs all over our pillow and through our luggage. Despite obvious bites all over my partner and the knowledge that we had to wash absolutely everything as a result, management still tried to charge us 50%, although it is noted that after we pointed out the aforementioned there was no charge. There were floaters in the milk at breakfast, and many of the fixtures in the room were broken. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daytrippee
johannesburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

Credit card fraud took place at the Hotel Earls Court. I'm from South Africa, and booked a room 8 weeks ago over the internet for 1 night, but opted to pay cash on my arrival. The credit card was just given as security incase I don't pitch up. Yesterday money was taken from my credit card for a European Flight on Olympic Airline (which is a European airline, bearing in mind I'm back in my home country South Africa for the Worldcup!).
I don't use my credit card often, so I could easily backtrack, as I've only used the card details at the hotel, as I've taken cash with and never used my card (infact, I left it at home in South Africa)

I've called the airline, but they could not give me any info as the person did not book directly with them, but over the internet with my card details. I've called the manager of the Hotel, and he told me to send an email with my complaint. I did not hear from him a day later, so I called again today, and he said he can't do anything about it FULLSTOP

Stay away from these criminals - I was not even put at ease, or tried to being helped. I know I did not use my card for anything else, and my bank statement also showed very little movement, and seeing it's a European airline, it is quite obvious to me.

Hope you are all safe from criminals like this !

much love,
Sufaery

Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank faery_7
ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I arrived at the earls court hotel at 1300hrs on the 18th of feb to meet our fellow friends in tears in the hallway at the state of the room they had stayed in the night before.

While the receptionast was very polite and showed us our room as well as our friends room from the night before its was only then we realised how bad the situation was in relation to the hotel we were staying in.
As i walked into the room beside the receptionist desk i was met at the door my a huge rat which shuffled passed my feet and ran out on to the street.

My girlfriend and i were horrifed at the stench of the room and not only this but the massive gaps in the walls as you will see from the pictures i will post caused by the infestation of rats in the hotel.There were droppings all over the carpet their were in fact maybe 3 or 4 more rats in the room where at this stage my girlfriend nearly got sick with fear.

My friends were in the hallway still seething from knowing they had slept in a room which was not suitable no matter what the price for human beings!

I spoke with the receptionist and he made a phone call to the other hotel which was full up and could not take us in for the night as their was no possible way we were going to stay in the hotel with the infestation of rats!

I in turn asked him to cancel our reservation as at this stage my friends in the hall way were physically sick and my partner near to tears.

I did not asked for my booking fee back i just asked for a place to stay which the hotel could not provide and it was at his stage that things turned nasty as the hotel manager came down and told me that if i canceled staying i would have to pay for the room for the night, even though they could not find us another room in another of their hotels, i was still 'expected' to stay in this room that was infested with rats!

While i knew it was good value for money no human being in this day and age should have to pay to stay with rats.
Remember it was at 1 o clock in the day when i arrived and at this stage i was just of the plane and tired i just wanted to settle down but being told their was no other room and i would have to pay for the room i was not going to stay in apart from givin near 12 hours notice.At this stage it was not even the money it was the principle!
How were we expected to stay in a room full of rats and rats droppings and then to be told we would have to pay even though it was one o clock in the day was beyond reasoning!
They would of had all day to hire out that room to some other poor unfortunate soul.

I will be returning to london very soon as i had a wonderful time but i will not let this matter lie down.
I agree you pay for what you get but you dont have to pay to stay with rats you can gladly lie outside bins any where for free and they will hang around.
What i want is for people to know how bad this place was and from other stories in the area this was not the first time this has happened in this hotel!

Since noone has asked even to see if i got somewhere safe to stay for the night i will present a full report to the health and safety board of accommodations and show them the pictures of the appalling state of earls court hotel.

Not only did i NOT get a refund or another place to stay but what i experienced from the manager of the premises was pure foul mouthed abuse!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends