“Well Located But Shabby”
Review of Hotel Earls Court

Hotel Earls Court
Ranked #820 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very close to tube station and Earls Court Road. Breakfast is served downstairs and apart from the cold hard-boiled egg, was passable! Room I was given was a single with a double bed squeezed into it. Bathroom was in the converted bay window area complete with three-quarter height window above the WC! The bed was lumpy with horrible pillows. All that said however, for the price that I paid and the prices normal for London, it was reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have more privacy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank KeaMite

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was old - but nice and clean. I have stayed there 3 times now and a new room every year. This year the room in front of the reception was nice - even if you could hear the noise from the street.
Polite people in reception. Breakfast needs some improvement. This year they have changed the optional banana with a hard boiled egg. Very close to Earls Court Center.

Room Tip: Less noise upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Danishdanish
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hi again, I traveled to London once again for business (I buy antiques in the UK and sell in the U.S.) staying at Hotel Earls Court from the 26th of September till the 18th of October. This time I brought along my partner in the business who also stayed with me at the hotel. We stayed in two basic rooms (rms. 23 and 24). As always the owner and staff made us feel very welcome with are rooms vacant and ready for us. Our rooms were clean and ready and the toilet and shower that we used in the hallway was spotless. We stayed a total of 22 nights and were very happy with our accomadations and staff. Our toilet and shower had been refurbished since my last stay (as well as other toilet and showers on the other floors). The hotel owners are in the process of refurbishing different areas of the hotel. The breakfast is quite good..cereal, toast. juice, soft boiled eggs, yoghurt and tea or coffee. My partner have nothing but positve feeling for this hotel and staff and recommend it to those looking for a budget hotel. We look forward to staying here again. One more thing...the Earls Court tube station is only a few feet from the hotel with the District and Picadilly lines stopping there. There are also many restaurants and pubs in the immediate vicinity for you to enjoy. The shopping on Kensington High Street is not far away either.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the building are quieter as the busy Warwick road is along the south
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank rocmanil
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here for one night on new years eve, I wasnt sure what to expect due to the price being so low but was pleasantly suprised. The staff were friendly and the rooms basic but clean. It was a great central location being only a minute away from the well connected earl court tube station. As a result it was relativly noisy but it was only what to expect from a city. Perfect for a short stay on a low budget.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Yes the decor is mismatch and it feels cheap but it's a really great location, 1 min around the corner from the tube.
Paid £80 for the night (2 people/double room), not bad considering it was in the middle of the Olympics.

Reception staff we're really helpful on check-in and check-out. They we're even more helpful when I turned up from my night out at
2am without the person I was sharing the room with or the key!

The rooms are small but adequate. Would suggest you ask for a non-ground floor room as the bathrooms on the ground floor
have windows literally on the street and not much covering them. Also the shower head was a bit of a relic that you couldn't move.

Didn't have time to stay for breakfast, doesn't look like I was missing out though.
Overall I would reccommend it for a cheap stay in the city as I expect it would be a lot less per night outside of the Olympics!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicky k
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here the 2nd night I was in earls court rather than the youth hostel i had previously booked in.

The main reason why I picked this place was the location like most places I pick it's because of the location: 1 minute walk from earls court tube station and earls court exhibition centre.

So anyway it is what it is a single room in a 2* hotel, £40/night which is just about average. Not en suite of course but that's to be expected, sharing the bathroom with the other single room next door.

The room itself was good and basic with a tv so nothing to complain about there, the bathroom was rather bad, freezing cold in the morning and the shower wasn't any good at producing any hot water so cold start to the morning. Toilet didn't flush properly (I tried to flush it several times!!!) so I had no other choice but to leave them with a little gift!

Apart from all that I would still recomend the place, overall still very good!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Max2609
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Everything about this hotel screams "cheap", from the plastic walls around the beds (I kid you not!) to the "continental breakfast" of: toast, tea/coffee, cornflakes and banana... oh and a Dairylee Cheese Triangle! Everything is cheap - apart from the price! OK, it wasn't exactly expensive at £60 for a London hotel, but when you see the poky rooms, the terrible rattling windows, the stains on the quilt covers, and that breakfast... well then you realise you could have done a LOT better! On the upside the location was handy for where I needed to be, and service was good, they were friendly and helpful. But the experience as a whole is probably not even deserving of the 2 stars they flaunt!

Room Tip: They told me ALL rooms face the main road, and as they only have this terrible secondary double glaz...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business