“Outdated, drab and over priced ”
Review of Hotel Earls Court

Hotel Earls Court
Ranked #855 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Outdated, drab and over priced ”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Considering you can pay an extra £30 a night down the road at a lovely clean ibis hotel- we wish we'd paid the extra. Our room was tiny, stifling and on the street side. The net curtains didn't properly fit the size of the window so people could see in. That's the case even in the bathroom and i was so nervous of people on the street seeing in! The decor is extremely old and the furniture was falling apart. There was mould and crumbling plaster all around the windows and corners of the walls but other than that I suppose it was as clean as u can make an old room. It just needs a lick of paint to clean and freshen it up. The bed was horrifically uncomfortable and i woke up feeling like I'd slept on a concrete block and the pillows looked very old. Just a little money spent on vamping it up would improve this hotel immensely. My husband booked us this as we were on a tight budget when we went to london to catch up with some friends. The location is good as close to a tube and we found it easily enough. We didn't have the breakfast. Next time I think we will stretch that bit further and pay a little more for a much better room elsewhere

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rachel N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Beaminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

In the travellers' world "you get what you pay for"and considering the extraordinarily low price for this extremely well-situated city hotel I got more than I was expecting. Major plus-point is its close proximity to the Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and the Tube. My room on the second floor although smallish, as was the ensuite shower-room, was perfectly adequate and very clean. It faced the main street so I would advise asking for a quiet room when booking and the helpful staff will do their best to please. Have to say a big thank-you to the friendly and courteous gentleman on Reception who was so helpful and also ensured that I had my breakfast even though I'd overslept and arrived after the kitchen had closed. Yes, a breakfast of cereal, boiled egg, toast, cheese spread, jam or marmalade, tea or coffee is included in the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank whitedove9
Москва, Россия
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Friendly and helpful Staff.
Great location - all major attractions are within a stone throw. The tube is in 1 minute walking.
there are a lot of bars and shops nearby.
quite comfy bed.
you'll find facilities for making tea.
There's a shower, small but it is.
good breakfasts.

Room Tip: my room looked on the street. it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very close to tube station and Earls Court Road. Breakfast is served downstairs and apart from the cold hard-boiled egg, was passable! Room I was given was a single with a double bed squeezed into it. Bathroom was in the converted bay window area complete with three-quarter height window above the WC! The bed was lumpy with horrible pillows. All that said however, for the price that I paid and the prices normal for London, it was reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have more privacy
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank KeaMite
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room was old - but nice and clean. I have stayed there 3 times now and a new room every year. This year the room in front of the reception was nice - even if you could hear the noise from the street.
Polite people in reception. Breakfast needs some improvement. This year they have changed the optional banana with a hard boiled egg. Very close to Earls Court Center.

Room Tip: Less noise upstairs
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Danishdanish
Streator,Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hi again, I traveled to London once again for business (I buy antiques in the UK and sell in the U.S.) staying at Hotel Earls Court from the 26th of September till the 18th of October. This time I brought along my partner in the business who also stayed with me at the hotel. We stayed in two basic rooms (rms. 23 and 24). As always the owner and staff made us feel very welcome with are rooms vacant and ready for us. Our rooms were clean and ready and the toilet and shower that we used in the hallway was spotless. We stayed a total of 22 nights and were very happy with our accomadations and staff. Our toilet and shower had been refurbished since my last stay (as well as other toilet and showers on the other floors). The hotel owners are in the process of refurbishing different areas of the hotel. The breakfast is quite good..cereal, toast. juice, soft boiled eggs, yoghurt and tea or coffee. My partner have nothing but positve feeling for this hotel and staff and recommend it to those looking for a budget hotel. We look forward to staying here again. One more thing...the Earls Court tube station is only a few feet from the hotel with the District and Picadilly lines stopping there. There are also many restaurants and pubs in the immediate vicinity for you to enjoy. The shopping on Kensington High Street is not far away either.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the building are quieter as the busy Warwick road is along the south
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank rocmanil
Witney, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here for one night on new years eve, I wasnt sure what to expect due to the price being so low but was pleasantly suprised. The staff were friendly and the rooms basic but clean. It was a great central location being only a minute away from the well connected earl court tube station. As a result it was relativly noisy but it was only what to expect from a city. Perfect for a short stay on a low budget.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends