I don't expect much from budget accommodation, but breathable air is a basic human right.
Booked non-smoking, but was given the hotel equivalent to Chernobyl. Requested room change but was rudely told to try again in the morning, as all non-smoking were occupied. As it was late and despite a room that stank like a smokers stale armpit, and a bathroom that had been doused in ammonia based cleaning product, decided to ride out the night... What a mistake, woke 3hrs later with headache and sore throat. No extractor fan, no air-con, and the only openable window was barely bigger than a mail-slot. Paid for 2 nights, stayed for 1 night, this place should be condemned. AVOID
Also note: "250m from Chalk Farm station" = 650m, decor unchanged since 1970's?, door to room had visible damage around the lock as if someone had tried to kick it open, no deadbolt/chain on the inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead