Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband as part of a rail Superbreak package which made it a reasonable deal with breakfast included.Check in was not too smooth as despite there being 2 receptionists on duty it took both of them to deal with one person's query about a theatre. We were none too pleased after an early start and an exhausting day in the City. We then found out that the dining room was closed as work was being done to the kitchens and only bar food was available from 6.30p.m. We had a room awayfrom the main road on the 3rd floor but were woken early by delivery vehicles and bin men.The room was dated and had no bedisde lights - just a chandelier giving out poor light and this was not centrally situated. There was a desk lamp but useless for reading in bed. Having said that both the room and bathroom were clean.
Breakfast was in the form of a buffet featuring hot and cold food to suit everyones taste. The eggs were scrambled not fried and for some reason there were chips and on the first morning pizza! You could make your own toast. Unfortunately I had to ask for boiling water to be replaced and someone else asked for ordinary tea bags as they had all gone too. One day the jugs were labelled,coffee or boiling water but the following day they werent.
In the Superbreak brochure this hotel is called the Britannia Regents Park which is a little misleading as it is at least 10 minutes brisk uphill walking from Regents Park and an equal distance from the nearest tube Chalk Farm again uphill. There is a bus form outside the hotel which goes to Swiss Cottage or Brent Cross Railway Station. Camden Town Centre is about 20 minutes walk. If visiting the Zoo then the hotel is reasonably situated and it is worth the slight detour to go up Primrose Hill for a good view of London.
I would not choose to stay at this hotel again as its location is not central enough for city sightseeing which was the main purpose of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead