I read reviews before traveling and I was ready for the experience. The hotel is near station, but for me it was the small things that added up. The shower handle kept falling off, there was only small light in the bathroom, which meant the shower was almost in darkness.
I asked about a vegetarian breakfast and you would have thought I had asked for a 5 course meal. I had to pay for the continental breakfast the night before, which was GBP5.50, but this didn't seem to be recorded anywhere, despite the painful procedure the night before of handing over cash, as it couldn't be added to the room charge, or pre-authorised on the credit card. I was therefore almost called a liar, as I hadn't been given any receipt for the cash paid for breakfast.
In the morning, I saw that I could in fact eat the beans and egg so I did. I had to pay another GBP 5 which was demanded off me. I felt that there was no ability to trust guests here. The lady had to get her manager and I therefore got the impression that there is no trust amongst the staff too.
I also got this impression at check in and check out where all queries had to be run past a superior. I realise that English isn't the first language for the staff, and I am ok with that. However, they need to be given some discretion to make their own decisions, which would aid a better stay. I felt like a criminal over a lousy 5 pounds and will not be staying there again.
Upon a very painful checkout, I was given someone elses invoice, and only when I stated it wasn't mine, one was promised to be emailed to me. It came by email an hour later.
If you do stay here:
Get a receipt for everything as it is a manual process they have for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead