This hotel is somewhat 'decaying grandeur'. It is ageing and desparately needs a face-lift. The furnishings are old and showing their age. The decor is subdued and, in some areas, dull and dark. There is an air of a hotel which is well past it's best. The room was large, the beds comfortable and the linen clean. The en-suite whilst ageing was clean with nice fresh towels, toiletries and oodles of hot water. The location is in a quieter part of the city, easily accessible with a short walk from the underground at Chalk Farm. We did not use the restaurant facilities but the morning breakfast buffet looked very appetising with a good choice of hot food. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Although this hotel is definitely not modern, new or at its peak, it is quite pleasant and we spent a very restful night there - not as scary as some reviews here would suggest. I would use it again - certainly knowing the limitations of the offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead