We stayed at this hotel on the 11-13th march 2014, on first impressions the outside of the hotel was awful!, however the lobby was dated but clean and fresh and, it is important to note at this point that the staff were lovely.
Our room was very dated but clean in the important places, and the bed was very comfortable!.
a previous guest had obviously been smoking in the bathroom, the shower was very dated and yellow with age, and there was a dust problem in the bathroom light grill and in the light fittings and pictures.
We ate dinner on the first night at £10.95 per person and wished we hadn't!
Breakfast was varied and offered plenty of choice, make sure you have paid in advance since it costs £10.95!. If you are a fan of bacon, please be aware that they use off cuts of what looks like gammon and bacon and a mixture of smoked and unsmoked. the fried eggs were dreadful but if you have the time to sit and wait they bring out a few fresh ones every now and then.
The staff were knowledgeable when we asked how to get to different places.
If you like to watch decent tele in the evenings, this is not the hotel for you because the tv offered only 6 freeview channels.
overall, if you want a sleeping base for a short stay in London, then you could do worse than stay here.it is only 8 mins walk to chalk farm underground, and only 3 stops from there to kings cross/St Pancras northern line.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead