“Spot On!”

Ranked #370 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Rhayader, United Kingdom
“Spot On!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location, in the thick of it, but down a quiet cul de sac. It felt like being in a country hotel not the centre of London.

Excellent value for money.

Staff very helpful.

Our room had everything we needed and more.

The breakfast was top notch brought to our room all within the rate.

The honesty bar was fantastic.

Can't fault this place at all and we will be back.

Parking was free outside all day Sunday until Monday 08.30, the staff recommended this.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front if at all possible Rooms at the rear over look the entrance to Harrods...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ok, I am mostly a positive person, but our stay here was generally negative. The room was very expensive, and it was so small you couldn't even change your mind in it. A little humour. We checked out other places when we were there and knew we could have done much better. They put usd on the bottom floor and we couldn't sleep , kept awake by the people above us simply walking on the floor. Ok, the staff are well trained and friendly , but the hotel is not good value. And don't use Mr and Mrs Smith for a booking, you will pay top dollar.

Room Tip: Stay only on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Michael R
Stamford, UK
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had booked a standard room through Mr and Mrs Smith. When we arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to the Knightsbridge Suite. Wow. It was incredible. Breakfast served in room was delicious and the service throughout our stay was second to none. Thank you so, so much!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The other reviewers have said it all. But I would still love to write something about this hotel...... it is a very nice and lovely hotel! I'm so glad that I've chosen this hotel for my stay.

It is a small boutique hotel. A little gem in London city. Although the room that I stayed is not very spacious, it is just perfect and it has everything that I needed. The room is tastefully decorated. The ambience, design and colors make it looks like a 5-star country home! The bathroom is spacious enough. And it provides all the amenities like a 5-star accommodation. The shampoos, shower gel etc are of top quality too.

The location is good. Situated in a very nice neighborhood. Like what other reviewers have said, it is just blocks away from Harrods and shopping streets. Short-walk to metro stations and museums.

The breakfast is sumptuously delicious! I was taken by surprise as I have never had such a good breakfast in any 4-star hotel. The food is better than many restaurants out there. Highly recommended.

The service is also top quality. I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. And I could not find any words to describe how beautiful and wonderful and lovely this hotel is. I think it deserves a 5-star accommodation category. Not only I would recommend this hotel to the people I know, I definitely will stay in this hotel again the next time I go back to London! The hotel also gave me a little cookbook as a souvenir. It is a really a hotel that is full of surprises!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A lovely hotel that feels like you are staying as a guest at a country home...the lounge areas with a fire after a long day is welcoming as is the 24 hour access to Honesty bar...that has an assortment of beverages and snacks..

Room Tip: Room eight is on the ground floor ..very roomy with huge bathroom..and very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 264travellove
canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed for just one night, but wish I could have moved in permanently. The hotel decor and furnishings are beautifully unique, but very practical and comfortable. Our room was a gorgeous suite on the first floor with very large windows that could be opened to step out on to a veranda overlooking the quiet tree lined street. The room had every luxurious perk imaginable including a TV screen in the bathroom over the tub, and Frette bedding.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the service is impeccable. The hotel is spotlessly clean.
I travel a lot, and this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, and from now on, when in London or NYC, I can't imagine staying anywhere other than a Firmdale Hotel.

Room Tip: No fitness room or pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a great experience at this lovely little hotel. Its only a couple blocks from Harrod's and a short walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Natural History Museum. Rooms are beautiful, clean, modern. Rooms are not super big, but perfect for your visit. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They don't have a restaurant in the hotel, but they offer room service and will services to you in the lounge downstairs. (Breakfast was very slow in coming, but was excellent and worth the wait when it arrived.)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family