“Lovely, lovely, lovely place!”

Knightsbridge Hotel
Ranked #363 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Let me preface my review by saying I love all of the Tim and Kit Kemp properties - this one in particular makes you feel like you are staying in someone's beautiful home. All of the rooms are different but share beautiful fabrics, wallpaper and color combinations in common. I loved having breakfast in the library. The hotel is one a quiet residential street just steps away from great shopping, transportation, museums, etc. No hesitation is recommending this property or any others from this group. Staying with them always brings me home with so many ideas for redecorating!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyminasia
There are newer reviews for Knightsbridge Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2014

All the rooms and decoration made us feel at home and we just wanna stay at the hotel. The food is really good and served in the library room in a very informal but comfortable way. Poached eggs with smoked salmon and also the green curry chicken are recommended. The concierge service is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The only reason Knightsbridge Hotel didn't get five stars is rather picky on my part. But lets start with the positives; the great location, walking distance to the V and A, Natural History Museum, bus and tube to anywhere else, Harrods, Harvey Nicks, good restaurants and other shops make this hotel a winner. The staff is wonderfully accommodating and pleasant. The street is quiet and rather private. All things I love about a boutique hotel.
My room, #301 was large and comfortable with big windows, king bed, a large closet, very large bathroom with walk in shower, two sinks, a tub large enough for me to float in with a TV over it. Towels and sheets are by Frette and soft and fluffy. The heated towel rack is a plus. Plenty of outlets to charge any devices. The heavy drapes block out the early morning light if you want to sleep late.
My friend was in room #203. This room was very small with a tiny bathroom and no walk in shower. I would not be happy in this accommodation.
However, there wasn't a clock to be found in either room. The other negative: The lobby consists of three rooms, two of which are drawing rooms with two couches and two chairs in each around very large, low coffee tables. Meals, if you prefer not to eat in your room, are served on trays there. The low height of the coffee tables make for very awkward, messy eating. You have to almost squat over the tray or sit on the floor. It is uncomfortable. I would think they should take one of the drawing rooms and put in small bistro style tables for breakfast diners. Also, cell phones should be banned from those rooms. It is incredibly annoying to try and enjoy breakfast when the stranger sitting on the couch next to you is blabbing away on their cell.
But these are small inconveniences and the hotel is such a win that I will overlook all this and stay there every time I come to London.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a larger room such as #301 unless you really don't care about space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank durgaChicago
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location, in the thick of it, but down a quiet cul de sac. It felt like being in a country hotel not the centre of London.

Excellent value for money.

Staff very helpful.

Our room had everything we needed and more.

The breakfast was top notch brought to our room all within the rate.

The honesty bar was fantastic.

Can't fault this place at all and we will be back.

Parking was free outside all day Sunday until Monday 08.30, the staff recommended this.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front if at all possible Rooms at the rear over look the entrance to Harrods...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ok, I am mostly a positive person, but our stay here was generally negative. The room was very expensive, and it was so small you couldn't even change your mind in it. A little humour. We checked out other places when we were there and knew we could have done much better. They put usd on the bottom floor and we couldn't sleep , kept awake by the people above us simply walking on the floor. Ok, the staff are well trained and friendly , but the hotel is not good value. And don't use Mr and Mrs Smith for a booking, you will pay top dollar.

Room Tip: Stay only on the top floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had booked a standard room through Mr and Mrs Smith. When we arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to the Knightsbridge Suite. Wow. It was incredible. Breakfast served in room was delicious and the service throughout our stay was second to none. Thank you so, so much!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The other reviewers have said it all. But I would still love to write something about this hotel...... it is a very nice and lovely hotel! I'm so glad that I've chosen this hotel for my stay.

It is a small boutique hotel. A little gem in London city. Although the room that I stayed is not very spacious, it is just perfect and it has everything that I needed. The room is tastefully decorated. The ambience, design and colors make it looks like a 5-star country home! The bathroom is spacious enough. And it provides all the amenities like a 5-star accommodation. The shampoos, shower gel etc are of top quality too.

The location is good. Situated in a very nice neighborhood. Like what other reviewers have said, it is just blocks away from Harrods and shopping streets. Short-walk to metro stations and museums.

The breakfast is sumptuously delicious! I was taken by surprise as I have never had such a good breakfast in any 4-star hotel. The food is better than many restaurants out there. Highly recommended.

The service is also top quality. I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. And I could not find any words to describe how beautiful and wonderful and lovely this hotel is. I think it deserves a 5-star accommodation category. Not only I would recommend this hotel to the people I know, I definitely will stay in this hotel again the next time I go back to London! The hotel also gave me a little cookbook as a souvenir. It is a really a hotel that is full of surprises!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo