“Pleasant modernized pub food”

Bumpkin South Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Bumpkin South Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,669 of 24,685 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$112
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Bumpkin restaurant is a new thing, a country-in-the-city organic eatery that���s opened its doors on the Old Brompton Road in London���s South Kensington. Bustling with an art-collecting, sports-jacket-wearing local crowd, Bumpkin is a warm and cosy restaurant that has been decorated with farmhouse-chic furniture and eclectically upholstered chairs to relax in while you watch the chefs create their magic in the open-plan kitchen. The classic British cuisine revolves around the availability of fresh market ingredients, so the menu at Bumpkin changes frequently with sumptuous daily special as well. Apart from olive oil, all the ingredients on Bumpkin���s menu are one hundred percent British. Signature dishes include a variety of organic pies, gourmet salads and grilled fish accompanied by an excellent selection of wines, ciders and real British ales. We love this local gem, and it's an ideal spot for post-shopping salads, Sunday roasts and Bloody Mary���s, and organic on-the-run snacks.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bumpkin has a pub atmosphere but the food is prepared and cooked on site, and the menu is more diverse than the usual pub. Wait staff are friendly and helpful, and the food is excellent.

Bumpkinlondon, General Manager at Bumpkin South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Catherine L,

Thank you very much for leaving us this kind review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and service and very proud of receiving 5 stars mark.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bumpkin Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant/bar has changed hands 3 times since we have been coming to London. We have visited it most evenings we are in London. They serve champagne by the glass. This visit, the bar lady measured out the champers in a metal measuring cup much to my horror. This instantly kills the bubbles. At 14 pounds odd for a 125 ml glass, I had occasion to mention my displeasure. They did listen to my comments and replaced the bubbleless brew with a fresh glass of champers poored directly out of the bottle into the flute.

Bumpkinlondon, Manager at Bumpkin South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Robin S,

Thank you for your review and for scoring as at 4 stars despite the mistake with pouring the Champagne

We also would like to thank you for being regular and loyal guest . Our staff is always very happy to see you.

Please email us on your next visit and I will arrange some welcoming drinks for you

Warmest Regards
Bumpkin

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Had a a leaving drink there and all was going so well. Great food, good location, nice staff until one of the male staff refused to served me drinks thinking I was too drunk
One of my friends tried to talk him out of it telling him he was making a mistake but he would not change his mind
What a shame
I was really enjoying myself & the place

Dear Sandra,

I am sorry to hear that you left disappointed after your recent visit at Bumpkin.
We always strive to provide the best experience to our guests, making sure they enjoy their time and feel comfortable.
Please understand that we also respect our due diligence checklist in respect to our alcohol license and health and safety is a priority for us.
If you wish to discuss this with us further please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch the other day. It was pricey (as you would expect for South Kensington) but I was surprised and how poor the service was. We were literally one of our two groups in the place and it took ages for the staff to serve us. No one was on the bar so each time we wanted something we had to wait for the staff to wonder over in our direction. My food was decent (burger) but the children's meal of chicken peas and mash was awful. Lumpy dried mash and dried plain oveecooked chicken my daughter wouldn't eat it. On top of this there was a mandatory 'service' charge. Really disappointed, I won't go again.

Bumpkinlondon, Manager at Bumpkin South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Tim L,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us the review.
It is very disappointing to read your comments and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your lunch time.

Also, I would like to get to the bottom of the problems mentioned. We do take pride of our food, freshly made on order and we take extra steps to make sure the service is at the highest standards therefore if you wouldn't mind to email me directly to discuss the details I would much appreciate.

Beata
gmbsk@bumpkinuk.com

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Eight of us had dinner here on the first day of our Cotswolds, Stonehenge & London culture and walking tour. Our ratings(wife, MiL, SiL) were:

4 - I had the rump steak with fries and salad. Steak was more medium rather than the medium rare that i REQUESTED.
5 - My wife had her standard fish (haddock) and chips.
5 - My Mil & Sil share a sheppards pie and really liked it.
4 - My wife, Mil, and Sil shared a sticky toffee pudding for dessert.
5 - I had draft brews (ales- served actually cold) for my appetizer and dessert.

Service was on the slow side - maybe because we were a large group or maybe because our tour guide did not press for a check.

Bumpkinlondon, Manager at Bumpkin South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Robert R,

Thank you for sharing the review about your recent visit at Bumpkin. We are very glad that despite few downsides we received the 4 stars from you. Looks like you enjoyed the overall experience and we are happy to hear this!

We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,