“Love this TGIs”

TGI Friday's - Covent Garden
Ranked #3,276 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, Central American
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Stevenage
“Love this TGIs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We always head to this TGI's when in London, because of it's location a little off the beaten track of Covent Garden it's always less busy than Leicester Square's hustle & bustle which I much prefer. The food is always good, the staff and Management aim to please and have always do well. I highly recommend :)

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Do not waste your time or money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely appalling show here at tgi covent garden. A major brand like this should be ashamed of their flag ship restaurant. Perfect location, terrible shame about the miserable, unresponsive, unhappy staff. I should point out I'm talking about most of the staff not all. There is one or two over worked under appreciate poor souls that work here. Food is not all it should be, cocktails are flashy to look at. Taste mostly of water though. Expect a long wait for your food and the free refills or soft drinks are a con as the staff are too busy to refill you...
On the whole if you are looking for a pre or post theatre dinner DO NOT come here unless you like all of the above.
Oh and on a side note, the toilets could do with fixing and a deep clean too.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I love tgi friday's but this one in particular is the worst one I have been in... the staff are not friendly even a bit rude... I have been to this one like last year and it was empty during day time but me and my partner were waiting for someone to come and seat us like for 10 min I think... and the girl who came she was not even communicating I said table for two and she didnt say hello nothing just took us to the table.... but lets drop last yeah, I was not disappointed with a food so thats good.... but today I went there again... sunday evening, was a busy night I walked in with my bf... and receptionist was somewhere I dont know even where.... so I needed to walk in into the restaurant and find someone who could get us a table.... so the guys was also not polite just said there is a table in next 20 min and thats it he was not even interested to say hi or bye so just that put me of to stay and wait cause in the first place I felt unwelcomed so why should I put effort to come and wait for a table.... staff needs to change...

London
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Pre-dinner prior to theatre so we were in hurry but had about an hour the food is terribly cooked and presented - had £12.99 burger with chips all of it awful, burger was lumpy in places very dry and bland, old dry salad green bits on top with thick piece of bland tomato, the bun was just so dry it fell apart - NOT TGI's that i knew when i was a younger when it was considered proper American diner - too many kids running the show, need to pay for some proper chefs that know what they are doing - but it's in a good location and was packed out so TGI's probably couldn't care less about this review.....but thought to post it anyway.!!!....

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jonathan P
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Could do much much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I like the food at TGI's. You know what you're going to get. I do think there are much better restaurants out there but for kids it's good. However, the service is ridiculously slow and trying to catch a waiters eye is harder than taking A-level maths! The whole operation needs to be and should be much much slicker (and I hope Management do read their TA reports and take note!). Staff don't look like they want to help customers or want to be working. It is a very busy restaurant but for me that is not an excuse - if you want to seat that many people you need to be able to keep up with the demand and quite simply they don't. We waited an hour from ordering to getting our food. That happy TGI feeling that I remember as a kid - has disappeared. I wouldn't go back. P.S: I also booked online and on arrival they didn't even have it - so beware!

• Visited February 2014