“Veggies Be ware.”

Neighbourhood: Holborn
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Veggies Be ware.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Tasty food, and promptly made - a great lunch option if the queue isn't so long.

But non-meater's beware - when it's busy, I've seen food contamination. The same chap packing meat into tortillas as vegetables and he doesn't change his gloves. I'm not a vegetarian but I have friends who would sob if they saw their carefully prepared, delicious burrito fall at the final hurdle!

• Visited March 2014

“Awesome”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I go every Friday. The quality is consistent and it's tasty. Adobo is much better than the average burrito place in London. Would recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Looks good, but not fresh ingredients!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great Mexican food in London is still a challenge, so when Adobo opened a place off Victoria I was excited to check it out. The friendly staff was eager to let me have a taste of everything, so I did! What a disappointment. While the food looked like real Mexican food and the collective aromas were certainly inviting, the tastes of FRESHLY made Mexican food were just not there. The guacamole -- the real litmus test for me -- was so bland that if I had tasted it blindfolded I might not have been able to guess what it was. Almost everything I tasted was flat, as if it had all been pre-cooked, pre-packaged, frozen, canned or otherwise manufactured to cut costs and boost profits. I have to admit that Adobo is at least trying to introduce real Mexican flavours to London diners, but they should also know that it is NOT real Mexican food if it is NOT freshly made. Keep trying Adobo! We need to raise the standard of Mexican food in London!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adobo Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great food crap staff .I eat in there once a week some time more as i work near .i have walked out of there a few time down to the staff being rude or putting stuff in a have not asked for and then try to charge me for it this happens a lot.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Henderson866
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good quality burrito - worth a visit”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

A decent place to get a burrito and the service is pretty quick.

Burritos come in two sizes - regular 12" and small. You get a decent amount of filling so your burrito is pretty full when wrapped up. There are the usual selection of meats and vegetarian fillings, and the same types of salsa you see in other burrito places.

Prices are reasonable given that this is central London. The extras are a ripoff with guacamole and chorizo costing 80p, and extra meat costing £1.20. With regular burritos selling for £5.50-£6, the cost can increase dramatically with extras. I have always found the burritos taste fine without the extras.

There is nothing unique here in either food or quality, but they do a simple job very well. A place I would visit again when I am in the area.

• Visited September 2013