“Very enjoyable”
Review of Bengal Village

Bengal Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Bengal Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,925 of 22,842 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Description: If you are looking for the best Indian restaurants in London E1 6QL for good dining experience or the best curry place in East London for affordable price, Bengal Village is your spot. Taking great carefulness and cooking with finest ingredients, among the Indian restaurants in the neighborhood, it is one that anyone may count on. Bengal Village makes it simple with ordering takeaway food online. You definitely will enjoy the fabulous foods this fine establishment has to provide. As a matter of fact, they have brought an online ordering feature to their website that allows clients to place order Indian food online more conveniently. Bengal Village has great experience in creditworthy Indian cuisine, for its target is usually has been, to give all the clients a mouthwatering treat. This is the place near Brick Lane, Shoreditch High Street Station, Liverpool Street Station, Aldgate East Station, Old Street Station, Whitechapel, East London E1.
Long Island, NY
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I don't know why Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani restaurants are better in London than in New York City, but they definitely are. We sort of randomly selected Bengal Village after walking around the Brick Lane area for a while. Hawkers from nearly every restaurant on Brick Lane approach you with a sales pitch (20% off, free drink, don't pay if you don't like it, etc.) but all the pitches are essentially the same. But all the restaurants are not the same. Bengal Village was very good. I guess we finally settled here because they displayed several recommendation stickers in their window (from TripAdvisor, among others), so we figured they must be pretty good. And Bengal Village definitely was. I can't recommend any particular dish because we ordered a lot of them and shared, and it was very enjoyable. I'd go back. In fact, we returned to Brick Lane another night and went elsewhere and had a pretty lousy meal, so I wish we had gone back to Bengal Village.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank MJfromNJ

A TripAdvisor Member
“Haggle till you get what you want”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

After a stroll down brick lane listening to the bull they all give about their restaurants you decide by the best deal you can get.
We opted for this one since we managed 20% off the bill plus a quality bottle of red wine.
Good food, good price, good service but Cheap wine, conned!!!maybe we did complain and were told there was better but we would have to pay, but for 2 starters and mains with Nan bread I can't complain at £24.
But watch what you accept I would walk and look in each restaurant find what you like and negotiate.
With the experience if nothing else,

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
“Bengal Bricklane Village”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Greetings, they are familiar with customers in pleasant way, choice of Indian beers. Recommend dishes to suit individual taste. Once in restaurant no pressure to buy more than you want., Authentic meals popular with Indian and tourists

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gypsy60_11
Norfolk
“Very good food, took own drinks and good service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There is so much to pressure to pick a place in Brick Lane it is confusing. We were persuaded by a cockney bengali who was great fun to come in. 20% discount and a free round, which we got even though we had our own drinks. Took some gentle good humoured reminding but that added to the fun. The service was very good, very friendly and we felt the staff really wanted us to enjoy their food.

The food was very good, I am happy to try new food but a staple is the jalfrezi for me. This was the best I have had. A nice thing was that you could ask for it to be made milder or hotter to suit. So my friend who likes the taste of a korma but also likes some heat was able to have the nice taste and some heat. The food was freshly cooked, served very hot and good portion size.

We were really glad we were persuaded to come in. Good choice for us.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank luvtogo6
London, United Kingdom
“Modern busy premises with good food and service.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were lured into this restaurant by a member of staff on Brick Lane who offered a 20% discount. That was a plus.......I had intended to eat here anyway having previously noted how busy it was and the very inviting modern bright simple interior furnishing and decoration.
We benefitted from friendly service (perhaps a little slow although maybe inevitable because of the number of customers). However the older guy to whom we paid our bill by card could not even raise a smile or any acknowledgement of our appreciation of the meal. Maybe he was the owner....!
I invited the waiter to choose my meal for me and he did an excellent job. I was given lamb shatcosa (a bangladeshi curry) which I had never had before. I was informed that shatcosa is a indigenous citrus fruit. It gave a wonderfully sharp tasting flavour to the dish. Further it is always a good sign for me when the poppadoms are still warm when served.
A Brick Lane curry is one of those London tick box experiences. Bengal Village ticked all the boxes for me.

• Visited July 2014