“Great!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Alternative London
Ranked #1 of 166 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely way to spend the afternoon wondering the streets of East London. Our guide was very passionate about the art in the area - made the tour :)

• Hebrew first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Absolutely awesome bike tour around East London with the chance to see some fantastic world class act. Our guide, Keyr, was so enthusiastic and had an extensive knowledge and connection to the area and was so eager to show us all kinds of artwork around the city. A must do for any trip to London.

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“interesting and thoroughly enjoyable day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have never wrote a review on trip advisor before, but thought I would make an effort to do so after having such an enjoyable day. It's not often that you can use the words 'fun' and 'free' in the same sentence regarding activities in London, but for the Alternative London walking tours that's exactly what we got! Although I would recommend tipping the tour guide; we had Lily who was very lovely and extremely knowledgeable about the area and definitely deserved to be paid for her time.
My girlfriend and I are not arty types, my interest in street art goes as far as being a fan of Banksy (like just about every one else on the planet), but today's tour catered for both art conoisseurs and everyday folk like us. Two hours passes extremely quickly but you get to walk a good distance and get in some exercise. If you wish to stop to get a drink or use the toilet I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem, but there is opportunity to do this at the Spitalfields Market meeting point before the tour starts.
A range of types of street art were examined and discussed and there is definitely something there to suit most tastes. A highlight for me was seeing a well known street artist in action on Hansbury Street, it was extremely interesting to see a piece being done as street art changes so quickly.
I would definitely recommend taking a phone/camera and taking as many photos as you can, I put mine on instagram and got a crazy amount of feedback and also found links to some of the artists which has been nice as I can have a look at the rest of their work. I really can't recommend the tour highly enough and will make sure I keep my eyes peeled now whenever I'm exploring London :)

Lisbon, Portugal
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend found their website before we travel to London and we decided to attend to one of their tours. It was one of the best things we did there. We walked through places we probably wouldn't see on our own and we saw things that we wouldn't notice other way. Our guide was excellent, he spoke about the history of the city at the same time he showed us a lot of street art, with humor and entusiasm. We paid what we wanted and I only regret we didn't gave them the fair money, because the tour was really great!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Esmeana
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Good street art taster!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I really enjoyed the Alternative London Tour!

Reasons:
- very interesting
- different styles of street art
- nice walk around East London
- lovely tour guide
- cool picture spots

The only thing I would advise, to improve, is to allow more time for people to stop and enjoy spots. I felt rushed through, not the description of the guides, but the tour itself, and I wish I had had more time to enjoy, take pictures, discuss...

But other than that, absolutely brilliant! Going to London? DO IT!

Visited July 2014

Been to Alternative London? Share your experiences!