Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel
Ranked #124 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

2 nights stay in the hotel feel loke too short. With a friendly staff and perfect location, it worth d money I paud for.

Free parking at the back of the hotel is great. With restaurants in the same row this hotel located in centre of Eeling.

Tube station is just 10 mins walking is a plus. Recomended to all

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so very much for this kind review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass your kind words onto the team and we hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I’ve just spent two nights here – having booked through Hotels.com saving myself over £100.00 on the price as offered direct with the hotel through their website. I am pleased I saved this amount because the accommodation (whilst very nice) is let down by the small touches.

Firstly the days are shorter in November and night falls early, trying to find the accommodation was made harder since their sign was not lit at night. Once found though the welcome was warm and polite the apartment – room 301 – was large, warmly decorated with decent shag pile rug, sofa and chair with coffee table complete with two seats and a table to eat/work at. Everywhere was clean even under things and to the corners which was nice.

As I say it was the smaller things that need to be addressed to make things ‘perfect’.

The bed sheets are almost the same size as the actual mattress, this means they forever will not fit the mattress snugly and results in them ‘ruckling up’ and being a paint o tuck back in again.

Whilst the cooking facilities are good, things like the plates are small and you only get tumblers – not a wine glass which is a shame, along with the omission of a freezer or even freezer compartment within the fridge. Put it simply you can cook and prepare simple food but it not up with self catering accommodation one may find elsewhere think it as more a hotel room where you could heat things up in the oven or use the microwave.

I found the room to be quiet both from street noise and other guests which afforded a good nights sleep, it is a shame however that the ‘port hole’ (if one an call it this) window has no blind or curtain so the private apartments over the road could if they so happened to look out see right in to the room. This window is not in the bed room however, which has a Velux roof window and blackout blind.

Nice bathroom, the ‘soaker’ shower head needs descaling to make the water come out of all the jets to make the experience better but provided toiletries are of a good quality.

Overall I would say the experience was good, this is not a ‘proper hotel’ so while there is a 24hr desk you are left to your own devises – no bar, no restaurant etc which for me is fine. The location is on the busy Ealing Broadway about a mile from Ealing Broadway station – bus 83, 427 were the two I used to get from it to the accommodation though bear in mind weekday mornings rush hour leave the road very busy – leave plenty of time to get where you wish to go. The closer you get to Ealing Broadway station the better the street is, as a Londoner I found it perfectly fine but I can imagine that to some visitors they may find the accommodation surprisingly ‘in the suburbs’.

My only issue is one has to leave a £50.00 security deposit, which if paid in cash will be refunded to you upon departure. If you leave this on a debit card or credit card they cannot do as any retail outlet can and refund to the card there and then on departure, but process it automatically and centrally after you have gone. I will be keeping a sharp eye on my statement to see the refund appear, expected times for such are 5 working days. I don’t know why since having a card machine in reception one cannot refund to card upon leaving, when if it was paid in cash it can be given back as you go. Ahh well, technology is progress right...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robin S
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for writing us this very detailed review.

The "hotel website" is actually not managed by the hotel, that booking engine goes through to a third party site but if you call the hotel directly we do offer better direct rates.

Thanks for pointing out the light on the signage, it is meant to light up so i will look into this immediately. I have already spoken with the head house keeper about changing the linen size as one other customer has mentioned this.

The hotel is indeed "an apartment hotel" so the facilities are not meant to be the same as self catering facilities but we do have apartments which have fridge/freezer combination.

The "port hole" window which you mentioned is meant to be a feature of the room and to allow natural sunlight into the room and add brightness, it is part of the design. We feel that covering it with a blind will take away this feature. It would be very difficult for someone opposite to see into the lounge.

The security deposit is for incidental charges and against any damage to the apartments, it is a very standard procedure in most hotels. A pre-authorization is Not a sales transaction which is why we cannot do a refund, because we did not charge it in the first instance. It is an automated service banks offer to hotels. The money is "blocked" and not accessible to the customer for a period of up to 10 days, this varies depending on the issuing bank. The transaction not completed is then released automatically back to your account after the holding period. At no point during the transaction does the money get credited to the hotel's account.

Thank you for your positive comments as well and we appreciate your valuable time in writing us this review.

We hope to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for work in Ealing and got a good deal on the room. Room was large and nicely decorated. Adequate kitchen and good size bathroom. Nice seating area and large TV. The thing that let it down was the bed. Instead of a king size mattress it was two singles zipped together, which made an awful dip in the middle. The bedsheet was also too small which meant that every time you moved the sheet came off and you ended up on the bare mattress. There was a lot of noise from the busy road and shops outside but this is London so to be expected.
Receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. Would stay again but only on a deal. Think the full room tariffs are a little steep for what's on offer.

Room Tip: Try a room at the back with less road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback to continue to improve our services.

The apartments are indeed very spacious and fully equip and we feel that our prices represent good value for money as you can book an apartment for up to 4 people for less than £200.

The rooms were designed to have twin bedded rooms so can give the customers more choice. The Zip and link means for those customers who want to split the beds we can give them that option. The only reason why i can think you had a dip in the middle is perhaps that they were not properly zipped and i will address this with the HK team. I am also discussing with HK the comments about the incorrect linen.

The rooms are double glazed and when the windows are closed you won't hear any external noise but if the windows are open then the hotel is on a busy main road so you are likely to experience some noise.

For any future bookings call us direct for the best rates.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

As apartments go this is one of the best I have stayed at. Clean, modern, smart, roomy and has everything you would expect to find in a kitchen, including washing up liquid and dish towels.

Although not right next to the tube station, the hotel is a very short bus ride from Ealing Broadway.

The price is extremely reasonable and you would be hard pushed to find the same quality for the same price

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post us this very kind review.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the apartments and the facilities it offers. As you have so kindly pointed out, the property gives excellent value for money.

The team and I would love to welcome you back soon so call us directly for a return stay with better rates when booking directly.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is truly a diamond in the rough! Was sceptical at first due to the area and there was a mix up with our booking, however, we go upgraded to the "presidential suite" believe me it's worth it!

Came with all amenities that would be needed everyday and an even bigger bonus that it came with a washing machine!

The rooms were so clean and tidy - my boyfriend and I LOVED it!

We have already decided to come back for both our birthdays! I would say this is down to the assistance from Mohin from the front desk gave us so thank you! We are coming back!

Recommendation to everyone!

P.s area my not look all that but, if you need anything be sure to know you can definitely find it on the high street :)

Room Tip: Always try and go from an apartment that have kitchen living room and bedroom all separate!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RdotB B
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for writing us this very kind review.

As a manager it makes me very proud to receive this kind of feedback about the team because I know that they are the people who makes the difference. Moin is a very valued member of the team and I often receive positive comments about him and I am so pleased that he looked after you.

Call Moin directly for your next visit , he will make sure you receive the apartment of your choice.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

What an unexpected treasure! Stayed here two nights and it was just brilliant. From the reception staff and General Manager Sheridon to awesome apartments, which are individually designed. Super clean, very nice ambiance. Loved it! Will recommend and going to be back for sure. Thank you for wonderful stay. Oh forgot to mention it's got a kitchen, laundry machine, fridge, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for James Bond suit. It's got a huge terrace and a Jacuzzi ;)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Please call us direct for the best available rates.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Well, don't know where to start.
Legally I don't know whether I should post the photo's ......for now, a description will do.
It all started very nice, a long birthday weekend planned(secretly) for me in London.
Our terrace room hadn't been allocated....they were very "busy" but the would see what they could do.....they were doing "us" a favour when "they" hadn't dealt with our request correctly.
A room with a terrace....but no hot tub (which was fine would have been nice but hey HO)......a suite apartment on initial view it was great.
A quick throw in of bags then out for my birthday party in Peckham.
Next morning.......beautiful bright warm sunshine through the windows ...time to check out the terrace....not exaggerating but virtually every square inch was full of pigeon p**....it stank the ammonia smell was disgusting .....this mess is over weeks and weeks of pigeon p** not being cleaned and the pest of the pigeons being dealt with. Believe me if they let me post the photos I will...disgusting and unhygienic ....a health hazard in fact.
Now to the suit...comftable nice bed errrr that's it.... Polished laminated floor..hazardous .....I'll fitting electrical sockets ...dangerous....no lock door mechanism for the bathroom...a living room rug that hadn't been cleaned properly for weeks....rusty towel holder...damaged shower hose...hard water scaled shower head......
Iron not working...asked to changed....15min.....2nd iron faulty.....30min, it took so long because concierge didn't believe my wife that it was faulty.
We did complain and apologetic ....I will have housekeeping look at it......that didn't.
I will be complaing direct to BW.
and ...10min from the nearest tube???? Mo Farah maybe..........in a cab.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PippynTippy
Sheridon M, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for writing us a review. I am sorry you were disappointed with the accommodation.

We acknowledge that there is a problem with the pigeons and i am pleased to let you know that even prior to your stay we have been in contact with the council to clean up the nearby dumping of rubbish which has attracted the birds to the area. We have also had a survey of the property done to stop the birds nesting on the building. The company will clean the outside areas and the area will have a biocidal treatment, then netting will be installed. We have ourselves cleaned the area but unfortunately the birds continue to return. The terraces are not out of service until we have completed the work.

Please accept our apologies but the situation was out of our control.

Regards,