“Strange, have rebooked (twice)!”

Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel
Ranked #116 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I never thought I would be rating a hotel highly because of kitchen appliances rather than thread count, pillow mints or acres of marble in the lobby, but after a few weeks of finding space for milk in a minibar having a proper fridge/freezer is luxury - adding in an oven, microwave and washing machine makes it like home!

I normally stay in pretty high end places on either vacation or business, but after a switch in jobs have been staying in various hotels west of London during the week while sorting accommodation. I found this one as it was close to the office and a reasonable price, but the attraction when booking was the promised extra space after weeks in 'normal' hotels, I hadn't appreciated how much I would enjoy having multiple rooms and the feel of an apartment.

The place doesn't pretend to be a luxury hotel, but the staff are friendly and helpful and it is a very good place to be when you want your sofa and appliances not be sharing space with your bed… Little things like not having a sink plug and no back to the remote are why it's priced as it is I think, but the overall package makes this place great value for money even in this part of London.

I was a little sniffy at check in after seeing the small entrance on the High Street (I am diamond or equivalent with a couple of chains) but the smell of fresh bread being baked at the Subway next door somehow mellowed me and once I got to my room & realised this place can be a proper alternative to a flat I really got to like it - so much so I rebooked a couple more weeks. There aren't many rooms so hope not too many people read this before I get to move into my flat!!!

Room Tip: Hard to say - had a room at the back away from the road, but a large aircon unit outside did hum a f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the trip advisor community.

Your repeat buisness is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0208 799 3850 or for the better rates aswell call the above no and we will beat all the websites.

Thank you again for taking the time out to share your expereince. We appreciate all your comments.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very nice rooms, very contemporary and spacious and felt like a real home from home. Countless places to eat within immediate distance or a very short walk, be it sit in or take away. I must mention the evening duty manager Moin who was incredibly helpful during my stay. Just one example being, after explaining i was on a business visit and would be leaving before breakfast was available he went to the shops and paid for a list of breakfast items of my choice for me to keep in my fridge so i could have breakfast at my leisure. A very enjoyable stay. The only downfall, and i hate to put one is the £20 per night parking fee.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the trip advisor community.

Your buisness is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0208 799 3850 or for the Corporate rates aswell call the above no and we will beat all the websites.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I only stayed at the Maitrise Suites for a night and as I arrived fairly late, I might not be able to comment on everything.
Firstly, the woman at the reception was very friendly, no complaints there.
Now I have to agree with a few things the user TriciaBucelli has mentioned in her review. When entering the room (103), there was quite a strong smell, which reminded me of garlic. Even opening the balcony doors didn't help to get rid of the odour. At some point I didn't notice it as much anymore, not sure if it was down to me getting used to it. Something I didn't notice when arriving (the person I shared the apartment with later mentioned they did), but the next morning, was the smell of mold in the ground floor/reception area. It's not overpowering, but definitely there.
The apartment itself looks good, two nice bedrooms, bathroom with bath tub and a living room. When looking a bit closer, you can see it's not perfect though. The TV in the living room didn't have a remote control. I tried to use the one from the other TV in the bedroom (same brand), but that didn't work. That remote control had the cover missing. In the smaller bedroom I am pretty sure there was some kind of cover missing for the air con.
This is just a thought, but I think the garlic smell was actually spread by the air con. We switched it off during the night and like I mentioned before the next morning I didn't notice the smell anymore, but only a bit when I entered that room.
I didn't use any of the kitchen equipment, so can't comment on that.
Another thing I can agree on, as mentioned by TriciaBucelli, the WiFi connection is basically not usable. It connected fine, but a speed test showed the connection was really bad.
The confirmation email mentioned twice that there would be a choice of room service (continental) breakfast or cafe style full English. At reception I was only told that I could pick up a voucher for the cafe the next morning. The full English was good btw.
For a night I thought it was ok and the negative things weren't bad enough to make me complain about them. Not sure I would book again though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Denyo1977
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I spent 14 nights in this hotel and have to say that it was fantastic. I had the biggest room I have ever had. It consisted of bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. It had very very comfortable beds, it was wonderful to sleep there. Even the hotel was full, we were not disturbed. The room was quiet. Breakfast is not provided by the hotel, but by Al Panini five meters away. It was delightful, plenty of choice. The staff is very nice. Special thanks to Moin and Laira:)
The only one negative fact is the smell inside the room. I think it comes from cleaning.

• Stayed: January 2014
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. I will surely pass your kind comments to Illaria and moin who i am sure will be very proud of themselves.

I was very sorry to hear about the smell which you believe is by cleaning materials i will speak to my head housekeeper to check this and make sure if there is something which is of strong smell we find an alternative.

If I can be of assistance in the future or looking to book again call us directly on 02087993850 and we will be able to offer you better rates directly.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Reception was helpful, really nice to pay less than local hotel prices and have kitchen. The apartment was cleaned daily and nicely laid out. Only negative was that the apartment (105) I was in needs to some tlc; blind needs to be refitted in bedroom, kitchen doors need to be adjusted to open correctly, freezer door gets disconnected from cupboard door. But overall a nice stay and will book again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I was very sorry to hear about the general maintenance issues in appartment 105, we are aware of it and i am sure you will be delighted to know that our maintenance team is in the hotel now on a project to make it more comfortable and decorate it back up to its highest standards so that our valued guests have better expereince with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The apartment was extremely spacious and comfortable at a really good price. The staff were very cheerful and helpful and made us feel most welcome. It's not exactly central, but with all the London transport links, that's no problem. This is a great area to stay - a vibrant, colourful community with a huge range of eating possibilities(but we didn't manage to find a decent pub!). Don't believe the review that said the area didn't feel safe at night - that's nonsense - in fact the people are much friendlier than many areas of London. One suggestion - some wine and beer glasses would have been welcome, but that's hardly a criticism.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future or rate queries call us directly on 02087993850 and surely we will be able to offer you better rates.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in a beautiful appartment for four days. It had everything we needed.

We often came in late at night but no mather what the time was we where always recieved with a smile from the staf. They where always friendly and made us feel welkome.

The staf where always at hand and they helped with information regardin restaurants and communication in to cenrtral London.

The room and the aroundareas where always nice and clean.

The location was good and there where busses just outside the door.

We are definitly comming back to this hotel and we will recomend it to our family and friends!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rg8PL
Fawad S, General Manager at Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you so very much for writing us such a kind review.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and that the staff looked after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,
Fawad and Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Best Western Maitrise Hotel
#791 of 1,072 in London
Hotel Xanadu
#322 of 1,072 in London
Hammersmith / Fulham
Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel

Been to Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!