“great for a short stay over”
Review of Shoreditch House

and 1 more site!
Shoreditch House
Ranked #62 of 838 Speciality Lodging in London
Belgium
“great for a short stay over”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

the Shoredith House club facilities are really amazing. great decoration, good food, a super rooftop swimming pool...

for the hotel, rooms are small (also my small plus room, #25); very clean. great for a short stay over if you have meetings in the neighbourhood or a dinner/party in the club.
but we checked out after our first night due to the noise (combination of people, rain on the roof and construction work nearby).
this room though has a fun balcony; unfortunately the view isn't that inspiring.
all in all good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Wall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

When I first pitched up (booked a room for the night) I was a little intimidated as it looked full of yummy mummies just finished a swim and then a bunch of media luvvies popping in for a drink after work. However the great team made me feel at home and I was soon in a lift with one of the front of house staff who showed me my room.

Not quite as nice a room as Deanstreet (sister hotel) the carpet was a little worn and the desk was lethal with splinters in the chair although it did look good. Usual stock of toiletrires for every eventuality.

I was encouraged to try the bar and restaurant which are usually private members unless you are staying and I had a lovely meal. You can't use your phone and take pictures which I thought was a little pretentious until I saw a very very well known celeb. I won't name them as that doesn't fit with the vibe of the place but I had a drink with them and their friends who were great company.

Check out very efficient and only disappointment was the cab driver they got me didn't have a clue where I was going the next day (I ended up getting out and walking).

Loved it and felt a little bad on reflection as what I had thought would be quite a snobby exclusive place turned out to be one of the most welcoming I have stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Izzyk
Nottingham
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Firstly, we found this hotel incredibly difficult to find, I don't think it is unintentional either, but once we did we were certainly not disappointed. The hotel; or rooms as it is advertised as essentially Shoreditch House is a members club with the addition of bedrooms, is about a 10 minute pleasant walk from Liverpool Street Station past Spitalfields. There is no signage on the building so a call ahead may be worthwhile.

The first thing that struck us was that is was different. Very different. There is a very relaxed attitude about the place, possibly driven by the predominantly young staff and reception decor not too dissimilar to an All Saints shop.

There are two elevators; one which services the rooms and the other which leads to the 'club' part encompassing restaurant, bar, gym and rooftop swimming pool.

I had booked a Tiny room as we were only staying one night. To my surprise this was much better apportioned than I had anticipated incorporating clever use of space. The room was exceptionally clean, stylish and comfortable. Fresh milk, water and biscuits are complimentary and SKY is readily available on the television. The bathroom/shower was superb, possibly one of the best showers I've had in a hotel. My wife certainly enjoyed the huge array of Cowshed products that were available for guests... this was a really nice touch. We were also pleasantly surprised by the minibar prices and indulged in a half bottle of champagne as we found the room to be so comfortable.

We ventured up to the roof and enjoyed cocktails around the swimming pool amidst hotel guests and club members. Attached to this is a relaxed restaurant which we ate in later... again, at a very reasonable price. The food was good and the service was fine once we had been acknowledged by staff. This was possibly my only minor concern as there was a slight feeling that club members (or people who were at least familiar to staff) were possibly getting a more attentive service. However, this problem soon dissipated and didn't become a major issue as our waiter proved to be excellent.

There was a bar on the floor below which was quite large and spacious with pool tables and retro table video games as well as further dining options. This felt quite empty when we went for a post-dinner drink but again benefitted from the laid-back vibe that was incredibly prevalent.

I don't think Shoreditch Rooms will be to everyone's tastes, particularly for those with more traditional views, however, there is definitely a place in the market for this hidden gem and we are looking forward to hopefully going back the next time we stay in London.

Room Tip: We didn't think the Tiny rooms were that Tiny at all. We've been in much smaller rooms in th...
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

How excited was I to be taken here..! The atmosphere was so buzzing I forgot to notice what I was eating!! And thats the thing about being here, its just so uber cool, cracking wine list (although I was treated to Champagne...!!) Lovely- very impressive and I would happily go again, actually i want memebership...

London
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My boyfriend booked me a room here as a Birthday treat on the Jubilee weekend.
Having heard a lot about Shoreditch house for ages i've always wanted to pay a visit.

We arrived earlier than the normal check-in time as I was booked in for a 12pm massage in the cowshed spa (lovely btw) - and my boyfriend took the opportunity to use the gym.
We then had a lovely lunch in the sitting room / restaurant area on the 4th floor.

Our room was ready when we had finished eating and our bags had already been taken to the rooms + a complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco (a nice extra for my birthday)

We new the room would be small and it was - however i have been in much larger rooms which i haven't liked as much as this one. The decor was perfect, the bed comfy - it was SO cool. The bathroom was small but the shower great.

There was nothing i could complain about.

Staying at the hotel you have full use of the clubs facilities including the open air heated roof top pool (alas it was raining all day) - you can also have two guests come and join you.

The atmosphere was very hipster and fun and they had a jubilee tea dance on the roof top bar that evening.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we didn't want to leave but they didn't have any available rooms for the next day so we booked at their sister property the Dean St Townhouse instead (equally amazing - see seperate review)

The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed here and really, really enjoyed it. The roof pool, the lovely restaurants, games room, fire places, nook and crannies are all designed to make you stay in for the night. The only slightly off putting thing was that you can't open the windows (no doubt health & safety) and I really am not that keen on air con. But saying that our small but perfectly designed room had everything we needed and more. You can only have one extra bed in the room so it's 3 or less though. Really friendly staff too. I think the front rooms may have balconies so do request this if you are booking in summer!

Room Tip: One with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Shoreditch House is a seriously trendy members club with a rooftop pool, beds and cocktail bar reminiscent of a Nikki Beach venue. The expansive floors offer lounges, games area, spa, restaurants and bars AND a two lane bowling alley booked by the hour with dedicated cocktail bar too.
So non members are now feeling excluded - well just book one of the fabulous bedrooms for a sexy night away and rub shoulders with the 'glitteratti' in the club as part of the deal. The rooms are truly wonderful and range in price depending on the size of room chosen. This venue is a truly memorable experience

• Stayed December 2011