“Great for desserts”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Always a great choice when craving for something sweet and in the mood to just relax and catch up after a long day at work. I have been to the one located at shepherd's bush and always enjoy the atmosphere there.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Today I went to Le Pain Quotidien in Covent garden for lunch .I ordered an avocado canapes. In the menu is described exactly like “avocado”and I requested hummus on side. I had to wait long for the food which also came wrong.I asked about this at the waitress but she ignored me. Then I asked to a girl who was carring the menus and she said she would ask to the waitress. I saw the girl reporting about my hummus but that the waitress continued to ignore me. I waited a bit and then I asked the waitress about my hummus and I told her that the canapes was not what I ordered . This waitress is short, with short hair . I make the description so the Managers know how to work this girl! I got up and said to the girl who was carring the manus before that I was going to pay the food but the service was very low and I was very disappointed. She answered, politely, to wait for the waitress so maybe we could find a solution to misunderstandin. I explained that there was no misunderstanding because I had ordered a hummus, and I didn't see any hummus, and an avocado canapes that was just a spicy guacamole so I couldn't eat them. Miss apologized even though it was not her fault and she called the waitress who apologized and said she was mistaken . absurd. I waited for food, it arrived late and wrong! And when I asked for an explanation she said that the food had been ordered wrong. You could said to me before, couldn't you? she made me a discount but I would not return to this place anymore! the location was is very good, but the place was almost empty and I can understand the reason why.there was people Behind me that were unhappy about the service as well. the waitress brought the wrong dishes to them as well and arrogantly replied that they ordered that dishes. those people didn't want eat anything and they told her she was very rude and wanted to talk to the manager. If you want to go to this place to eat I recommend you to check that the waiters take the right order. maybe i have been unlucky to meet this waitress unqualified, and rude. She even doesn't understand very when you order food. I know very well what guacamole is and I had to explain it to her by myself. do not take the avocado canapes because even if no one is telling you is made with guacamole and not only avocado. Very bad service .

1  Thank laura j
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Two adults and two children for breakfast on Sunday morning. Service was a bit slow and erratic - drinks arrived after the food - but it was fine. Food was tasty and freshly made - scrambled eggs were very nice indeed.

However, all our hot drinks came in cups without handles! Now, this might be 'cool' or quirky but frankly it was just annoying. I don't want to drink tea from a bowl and it was nigh on impossible for two children to drink the hot chocolate - very nice, by the way - without spilling or slurping. Seemed to an affectation which was unnecessary.

Anyway, food was good. Bill for four was £42.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My girlfriend and I have been here a couple of times, usually before work, for breakfast or brunch (we work just round the corner), and we always enjoy it. Quite simple but very effective in my opinion. I don't usually write reviews, but a couple of weeks ago, we popped in for breakfast, I had boiled eggs, OJ and a coffee and my other half had some granola or something like that, and the young waitress that served us was simply amazing. She was very busy but both my girlfriend and I (who work in restaurants), agreed that it was some of the best service we've ever had. I can't remember her name, but I think she was eastern European, possibly called Katarina? We were a little pressed for time, she sensed this, and just looked after us wonderfully. But it wasn't just us, we were watching her and the same care and attention she showed to us, she showed to everybody. Thank you whatever your name is, we think your ace!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is an amazing find within Covent Garden, aim for the far left corner at the opposite end to the tube. Whilst you might have to wait a while to be seated it is worth it. Pricing, which you would expect due to the location to be on the high side, is very reasonable. The Petit Déjeuner for £ 8,00 includes a choice of breads, jams, a hot drink and orange juice which for London is amazing value. Take it account the wonderful building and attentive staff and the whole experience is well worth a visit. Only fault is that service is compulsory as they include this onto the bill at approx. 12% - they shouldn't worry about a tip.