“Good desserts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #5,827 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Soups, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

On general good selection of desserts.I loved the cheese cake cream byt the lemon pie was a bit sour. The place has many small rooms to sit and thats really cute! m

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
London
“A below average Pain Quotidien”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Pain Quotidien is a nice concept, although their menu differs from country to country (I much prefer the PQ in France than here in the UK).
The Covent Garden location is of course convenient, you get what you pay for, but on the downside it is very cramped: there is no space at all, you are literally sitting next to your neighbour, who is likely to be a noisy tourist.
I would just recommend for a quick bite to rest your tired legs. Not a good place for a business discussion, meeting with friends, etc. Other PQ in some other location are much better, airy, spacy.

Sarasota, Florida
“Oh La La”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Great seafood platter and excellent tarts but staff totally overwhelmed and overworked meaning very long delays in obtaining your orders. Also extremely uncomfortable seating

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great for desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Always a great choice when craving for something sweet and in the mood to just relax and catch up after a long day at work. I have been to the one located at shepherd's bush and always enjoy the atmosphere there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the worste service never had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Today I went to Le Pain Quotidien in Covent garden for lunch .I ordered an avocado canapes. In the menu is described exactly like “avocado”and I requested hummus on side. I had to wait long for the food which also came wrong.I asked about this at the waitress but she ignored me. Then I asked to a girl who was carring the menus and she said she would ask to the waitress. I saw the girl reporting about my hummus but that the waitress continued to ignore me. I waited a bit and then I asked the waitress about my hummus and I told her that the canapes was not what I ordered . This waitress is short, with short hair . I make the description so the Managers know how to work this girl! I got up and said to the girl who was carring the manus before that I was going to pay the food but the service was very low and I was very disappointed. She answered, politely, to wait for the waitress so maybe we could find a solution to misunderstandin. I explained that there was no misunderstanding because I had ordered a hummus, and I didn't see any hummus, and an avocado canapes that was just a spicy guacamole so I couldn't eat them. Miss apologized even though it was not her fault and she called the waitress who apologized and said she was mistaken . absurd. I waited for food, it arrived late and wrong! And when I asked for an explanation she said that the food had been ordered wrong. You could said to me before, couldn't you? she made me a discount but I would not return to this place anymore! the location was is very good, but the place was almost empty and I can understand the reason why.there was people Behind me that were unhappy about the service as well. the waitress brought the wrong dishes to them as well and arrogantly replied that they ordered that dishes. those people didn't want eat anything and they told her she was very rude and wanted to talk to the manager. If you want to go to this place to eat I recommend you to check that the waiters take the right order. maybe i have been unlucky to meet this waitress unqualified, and rude. She even doesn't understand very when you order food. I know very well what guacamole is and I had to explain it to her by myself. do not take the avocado canapes because even if no one is telling you is made with guacamole and not only avocado. Very bad service .

• 1 of 5 bubbles