“tiny portions of food”

Neighbourhood: Soho
Harwich, Essex
“tiny portions of food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were given a flyer for this place when wandering around looking for a place to eat so thought we'd give it a try as it was 2 courses for £7.90. The waitress was freindly and then said the flyer was the menu! the portions are really little (i had omlette & chips & could count the chips!!!!) my boyfreind had the spare ribs for nearly £10 thinking the portion would match the photo on the flyer and it was about 1/4 the size! the food was ok but won't return as we left still hungry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank whitbyabi

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“It is cheap.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Well what can I say, it is cheap and if you don't want quality food and good surroundings then you can go here. It is small and the w.c.s do not work. I shall neve return

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Cellar from Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Decided to go here as it was next door to a chinese buffet that my partner wanted to eat in, I didn't really fancy chinese so we walked in thanks to a cheap two course meal for £7.90. When we walked down those stairs we should have really just turned around again, but we didn't!

There was a table right at the bottom of the stairs with a reserved sign and when she seated us she moved the sign and asked if we wanted to sit there, we chose not to as it looked cramped and ended up sitting right in front of the doorway to the kitchen so every time the waitress came through you just got nudged a tad. Microwaves going off constantly, cheap burger and cheap rice and chicken left on the bone? It also looked microwaved, then for desert, banana split (a whole banana with ice cream and smothered in sauce) and two microwaved waffles flooded in chocolate, tasted okay, kind of chewy though. The only good thing about the meal was the chips, I actually enjoyed them and was disappointed when I ate them all.

They even added a service charge on to our bill even though the service wasn't of a quality standard and she only had to walk barely a second to give us our food.

The only good thing of the restaurant was my partners constant jokes... For example "The table is being carried away by cockroaches" the jokes made the 'Restaurant' bearable. However, I am not allowed to decide on restaurants anymore and I still get it brought up in conversation every now and again. Do not choose to eat here, you will regret it, and you could have gone somewhere a lot better :)

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Stephenfenty
“Random men walk in the kitchen and finished left over food!! Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This is the worst ace I've ever experienced. We didn't even eat. Browsing tgi Fridays and a woman came up to us asking if we were looking for somewhere to eat. Sna bells should have been ringing as the price was so cheap for the centre of London. We were shown down to the snake at resaurant in the world. No I sea why they needed people on the street as they could fit a maximum if 14 people in that place and that was a tight squeeze.
We ordered a glass of wine each. Then we tried to order. I asked for 4 different things and they had none of them.
There were 2 guts sat near us. One had eaten and other hadn't touched his food at all! They left. 3 men walked in and went straight into the kitchen and were talking to the "waitress" and "chef" they said had someone left all that. The "waitress" says yeah and thus random man was like nice one. Picked up the plate and started eating it.
The "waitress" brought our starters out and we asked to cancel our order. We said we would pay fit the starter and wine. She came over. Removed our starters. I'm guessing to the joys of the men that like leftovers. She came over with the bill AND put the 10% service charge on. Which we ignored and didn't pay.
Do not go here. The I rice is too good to be trust. It's vile!!

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Nic_wag88
“Terrible avoid at all costs!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Terrible meal in a pokey basement with overpriced flat warm drinks. Felt like we had eaten in a deep fat fryer, we all had stinging eyes and stinking clothes. And to top it all they add on 10% service charge! Not displayed. We only noticed going out that they only had 3 star hygiene rating, I would have thought that was generous. Wish we had seen reviews before eating here. Went in for a cheap snack ended up being expensive and inedible. Avoid at all costs!!!!!

• Visited August 2013