“Too expensive”

Ranked #11,339 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blackheath's most scrumptious pub.As you'll see in our commemorative snug, The Princess Of Wales has long been associated with the egg-shaped ball. As well as being linked to the Blackheath Rugby Club, the oldest in the world, the pub served as a changing room during the first ever international between England and Wales, which was played on the heath. Today we're better known for our great location and a pub food and drinks range that would satisfy any strapping prop forward.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Too expensive to just go in for a beer is a nice atmosphere though i wont be going there for a while until I know i can afford it

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Blackheath is great for a scenic walk; the heath, the houses, the church. Walking back towards Greenwich Park, stop for a pint - outdoors - at this nice pub! It was very popular outside and we wound up sitting on the low wall, which may have added to the attraction. I had a delicious cider - there were several to choose from, a big plus for me, since I don't like beer. The view of day coming to an end over the heath, a few walkers, ball players, along with the convivial buzz of the pub-goers was very relaxing.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We ordered the roast today and it left me feeling very cold. The chicken was not roasted, but grilled, which was disappointing. Then the potatoes still had their skins on and had been boiled, not roasted, and the yorkshire pudding wasn't cooked. It was actually cold inside, and then was replaced by the waiter with a burnt one. Having said that, we have had some lovely burgers here. So, I won't be ordering the aforementioned 'roast chicken' again.

1  Thank Vicky M
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Been coming to this pub for the last 10 years-great pub/nice friendly atmosphere-staff are always excellent-food in here has got better over the years and is now of a very good consistent quality- burgers are the best- great beer garden for the summer and nice real fires for the winter-best pub in Blackheath !

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great Beer, Great Food, Great Location = Great Pub

I thought the prices were a little expensive, and the food seemed to take an age to arrive, but still I would recommend the Princess of Wales as one of the best pubs in the area.