“Genuine experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Regency Cafe
Ranked #57 of 22,199 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Malmo, Sweden
“Genuine experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

In the classic British rain we went looking for this place on a Saturday morning, hoping to get a proper brunch. Wet and hungry we were greeted by a fairly busy place at 11 am. Just seconds after stepping through the door we heard the loud calling of the ready meals. Surprisingly these authority call-outs where made by the nice lady at the register. We ordered the Set Breakfast Deal (Egg, Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Toast and Tea) for £5.50. After we ordered we found a table and after just a couple of minutes our food was called out. The food was as expected very hearty and filling. The atmosphere was simply authentic with fully tiled walls and bright strip lights. Come for the experience and stay for the very valuable offers.

Visited June 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Southern California
“Yummy yummy in the tummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Set breakfast for £5.5, comes with a sunny side up egg, 2 pieces of bacon, sausage link, tomato or beans, bread or toast, and tea or coffee. We added another £.95 for hash or bubbles and squeak. Hash wasn't good, more like processed potatoes in a triangle shape, but the bubbles and squeak was awesome. And like everyone says, the lady is super nice!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank kthai15
Coventry, United Kingdom
“A must when visiting London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I visit the cafe every time we go to London. My husband always has sausages, bacon and eggs which he enjoys thoroughly. I usually have chips and beans. Chips at 7.30am may sound a bit odd but they are so yummy they are a must. The bubble and squeak and hash browns are also lovely. They have orange juice in a bottle, just like the milkman used to deliver. As the beginning of a long day walking around the Capital I could not recommend a better place. Once breakfast is over, it is only a 10 minute walk to Westminster. We have eaten at many places for breakfast and this is the best by a mile.

• Visited May 2014
Richmond
“Great Traditional Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having read other reviews here we decided to visit last week. As described very busy, absolutely traditional cafe but with high standards in every respect. Upon arrival just after noon we joined a longish queue but reached the counter in about five minutes. The charming gentleman then took our order whilst my wife found a table. The order was for chicken and mushroom pie with chips and beans, ham salad and two teas. This came to £10.10 but I was charged '£10 for cash', I'm not at all sure that any other method of payment would have been accepted anyway so 10p off then! I took the mugs of tea, went to sit down and within five minutes 'Ham salad' was bellowed out. Up I went to collect a perfectly fresh looking ham salad (not, I suspect, a very popular order-most people were eating combinations of egg, sausage, bacon etc. so impressive that they took so much trouble with this to be honest) another couple of minutes and my meal was announced and collected. Everything was hot, including the plate, and delicious including the gravy (optional). To be able to get two good meals with drinks for £10 in London is, I think, rare; to get them with such pleasant and efficient service is remarkable!

• Visited May 2014
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“If you're in London it's a must visit for breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you are looking for a proper English breakfast in a proper English cafe then the Regency is a must for you!
Not only is the food superb (plenty of choice for all tastes) the atmosphere is fantastic.
You will most probably have to queue but it will be worth the wait.
Be aware though I think they stop serving breakfast at 11 o'clock.

• Visited December 2013