“Not bad value for Mayfair and an afternoon tea”

The Grill at Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #7,081 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Transit: Nearest London Underground station: Green Park
Description: Located in the heart of fashionable Mayfair, Flemings is situated in a peaceful residential street with the best of London's attractions, shopping and restaurants on our doorstep. The Grill is the glamorous and opulent Mayfair restaurant at one of London's oldest established luxury hotels. Open for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, enjoy stylish decor, a relaxed atmosphere and personal service.
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad value for Mayfair and an afternoon tea”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

but the cakes and sandwiches were very average. The hotel itself is very tastefully decorated but the room where we had the afternoon tea was in the basement and there was no natural light which was a shame as it was actually a very sunny afternoon. The sandwiches were pretty forgettable, the cakes were ok but we were perplexed why there was a massive hot cross bun on the tray. Granted it was Easter Monday but could they not have made them smaller? It seemed incongruous next to the little scones. We didn't eat them as we were quite full up but they looked shop bought.
For £25 each it wasn't bad value, the chocolate one was £39 and that was probably because of the glass of bubbly. The afternoon tea is supposed to be half price for kids but we had to remind them of this when the bill came as they had charged full price. Ok but I think its probably better to pay the £40 + and go to one of the five star hotels to get a really nice afternoon treat.

1 Thank 283Tanga283
Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
283Tanga283

Thank you for the feedback regarding your afternoon tea experience at the Flemings. I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. As mentioned, our restaurant is situated on the lower ground floor of the building so there is not an abundance of natural light, but we feel we can make up for it in the stylish decor of the room.

I have noted down your points regarding the food, and passed it onto our Head Chef Brian Henry who will be looking at further ways to improve our afternoon tea offering. For £25 per person, we are in fact one of the most affordable afternoon teas in London!

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back at the Flemings,

Imran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
“Very good afternoon tea”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Travelzoo voucher for chocolate afternoon tea, which I redeemed this week. Lovely. Good convenient location, pleasant dining area for tea and very good service (polite, attentive, friendly).

Sandwiches were a little dry but decent, followed by 2 delightful chocolate scones. A few mini treats later I was rather full, very nice selection of cakes. Had a variety of teas which were all very good.

Good value for money based on the voucher price and would recommend.

Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
sharonagius,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience and welcome your constructive points regarding the sandwiches which we have passed on to our chef to analyse and improve on for the future.

Thank you once again for visiting the Flemings and we hope to see you again soon,

Manchester
“Mediocre afternoon tea”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We booked afternoon for 4 adults and 1 child. The first fault was when the waiter placed the afternoon stand down one of the legs was in my tea cup! I pointed this out and he merely just lifted it out without an apology or even offering to replace my cup of tea! Service was poor and when we asked for the bill the child's wasn't half price - we pointed this out and the waiter corrected the bill. Not the best afternoon tea - compared to harrods or the Ritz - prob give it 6/10.

1 Thank cupcakes67
Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
cupcakes67

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. I am sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations. The service you have mentioned is not what we pride ourselves on and clearly there are some issues with training that are being addressed. Without your feedback, we would not be able to make improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback,

London, United Kingdom
“afternoon tea at the Flemings Mayfair”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Took my daughter for afternoon tea to celebrate her birthday today and it was terrible!!!!. The sandwiches had been made from bread that had dried out (all of the sandwiches were dry - including the egg and cress, smoked salmon on beetroot bread and the ham and mustard). The scones were also bone dry and so were the little chelsea buns. I had to get up twice to ask for a pot of hot water to accompany my Earl Grey tea. We had booked through the Emerald Street two for one afternoon tea. I would never go back - complete disaster. This hotel has really got to up its game if it wants to be a serious contender for afternoon tea at a London hotel.............................

Kerry b,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. May I ask that you email me directly on imran.choudhury@flemings.co.uk so I may be able to investigate the matter and get back to you with a full report,

Kind regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

In a word - disappointing. There was only four small finger sandwiches per person and the egg mayo on rye bread was absolutely disgusting - so three edible sandwiches.
The two scones were small, hard and dry – the waiter said one was chocolate chip but it was actually raisins. Staff didn’t come round to refill the teapot with hot water…when I asked for hot water, they first started to pour it in my friend’s pot of hot chocolate.
The only good thing was the mini cake selection on the top tier and the staff were friendly and polite but not very attentive.

• Visited April 2014
Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Anji444,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your afternoon tea experience, I am saddened to hear it did not live up to expectations.

Please may you email me on imran.choudhury@flemings.co.uk so I can carry out an investigation into the events regarding your tea.