“Good afternoon tea!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Transit: Nearest London Underground station: Green Park
Description: Located in the heart of fashionable Mayfair, Flemings is situated in a peaceful residential street with the best of London's attractions, shopping and restaurants on our doorstep. The Grill is the glamorous and opulent Mayfair restaurant at one of London's oldest established luxury hotels. Open for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, enjoy stylish decor, a relaxed atmosphere and personal service.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently used a 2-for-1 Emerald Street voucher to have afternoon tea at Flemings and I had a lovely time! It's quite dark inside, as you're on the lower ground floor, but there's plenty of artificial lighting and the decor is really modern and vibrant. Staff were very attentive, refilling tea a number of times - it's a shame this efficiency didn't continue when it came to asking and paying for the bill. My only real gripe would be the size of the tables, especially for two - I felt like I was going to knock something over every time I moved - everything was really cramped. Was pleased with the range of teas available and on the whole, the afternoon tea was good. Wasn't that impressed with the sandwiches which were stodgy, as thought they'd been in the fridge too long. The scones were incredible - very fluffy insides and not at all dense... the homemade lemon curd and strawberry preserves were very good. Loved the petits fours at the end, good variation - the lemon syllabub was a nice addition, while the strawberry and white chocolate macaron was my favourite! Would recommend.

Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Lucy W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. Your comments have been shown to my team as well as the kitchen team for areas in the service we need to improve on. The lighting is a little dark as you have mentioned, however we hope the furnishings of the restaurant overcome those small areas.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon,

Regards

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends came here to celebrate a birthday. We arrived early but we were seated with no issues.

We came for the chocolate afternoon tea and were served with the tea of our choice, (I tried them all and they were all really tasty, fresh and refreshing).

Our afternoon tea stands were brought out, (3 to be specific), and we're placed on our tables in order for us all to share. There were cream cheese, pickle, egg, salmon and ham sandwiches. There were cakes varying from raspberry macaroons, red velvet, salted caramel, chocolate sponge and luxurious chocolate scones. All of which were of a high standard quality.
There were compliments for the food for the entire time we were there. We spent 3 and a half hours there and we weren't rushed at all.
The waiting staff were extremely attentive and friendly. They were eager to please us as a group and were happy to serve us in any way they could. (I asked for additional cheese and pickle sandwiches and these were brought out to me at no extra cost).

Overall the Mayfair hotel chocolate afternoon tea is a worth while experience to have. We were looked after, we're served perfect sweet and savoury food and had a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable experience.

A highly recommended place to visit for a celebration or just for a treat.

KerryPhillips,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent visit to the Flemings - I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time. The chocoholics afternoon tea is a very popular afternoon tea at the Flemings and its very different to anything else that you would usually have for afternoon tea!

Thank you once again for the great feedback, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

but the cakes and sandwiches were very average. The hotel itself is very tastefully decorated but the room where we had the afternoon tea was in the basement and there was no natural light which was a shame as it was actually a very sunny afternoon. The sandwiches were pretty forgettable, the cakes were ok but we were perplexed why there was a massive hot cross bun on the tray. Granted it was Easter Monday but could they not have made them smaller? It seemed incongruous next to the little scones. We didn't eat them as we were quite full up but they looked shop bought.
For £25 each it wasn't bad value, the chocolate one was £39 and that was probably because of the glass of bubbly. The afternoon tea is supposed to be half price for kids but we had to remind them of this when the bill came as they had charged full price. Ok but I think its probably better to pay the £40 + and go to one of the five star hotels to get a really nice afternoon treat.

1  Thank 283Tanga283
Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

283Tanga283

Thank you for the feedback regarding your afternoon tea experience at the Flemings. I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. As mentioned, our restaurant is situated on the lower ground floor of the building so there is not an abundance of natural light, but we feel we can make up for it in the stylish decor of the room.

I have noted down your points regarding the food, and passed it onto our Head Chef Brian Henry who will be looking at further ways to improve our afternoon tea offering. For £25 per person, we are in fact one of the most affordable afternoon teas in London!

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back at the Flemings,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Travelzoo voucher for chocolate afternoon tea, which I redeemed this week. Lovely. Good convenient location, pleasant dining area for tea and very good service (polite, attentive, friendly).

Sandwiches were a little dry but decent, followed by 2 delightful chocolate scones. A few mini treats later I was rather full, very nice selection of cakes. Had a variety of teas which were all very good.

Good value for money based on the voucher price and would recommend.

Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

sharonagius,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. I am pleased to hear that you had a good experience and welcome your constructive points regarding the sandwiches which we have passed on to our chef to analyse and improve on for the future.

Thank you once again for visiting the Flemings and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We booked afternoon for 4 adults and 1 child. The first fault was when the waiter placed the afternoon stand down one of the legs was in my tea cup! I pointed this out and he merely just lifted it out without an apology or even offering to replace my cup of tea! Service was poor and when we asked for the bill the child's wasn't half price - we pointed this out and the waiter corrected the bill. Not the best afternoon tea - compared to harrods or the Ritz - prob give it 6/10.

1  Thank cupcakes67
Imran C, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Grill at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

cupcakes67

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent afternoon tea experience. I am sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations. The service you have mentioned is not what we pride ourselves on and clearly there are some issues with training that are being addressed. Without your feedback, we would not be able to make improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback,