“Sashimi...again”

Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,040 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just returned from yet another fantastic meal at what has become my favorite restaurant and the place that has had me alter my preferred hotel to be the Westminster Park Plaza, simply because of proximity to Ichi. I have now been enough to know that every time, without question, the sashimi is fantastic and there is never any deviation in quality or artistic presentation, regardless of the night or staff. The smiling faces are a familiar comfort and I discovered tonight that magical things can happen if you don't choose to order and leave yourself in the hands of the kindly and reserved chef with the occasionally seen warm smile.

The shrimp sashimi and fresh wasabi continue to be my absolutely favorite items and are primarily responsible for my hesitancy to deviate from what I know I love. However, every time I do deviate I am always pleasantly surprised - the crispy duck is another must try as is the octopus carpaccio. I would say that this was an amazing meal, but after so many times I honestly cannot say that I am amazed - the experience is better described as consistently brilliant.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend took me here on the evening of my birthday and we were quite excited to try this place out. We arrived to find that it wasn't so much a restaurant, more a bar in the corner of a busy hotel lobby. There weren't many people inside Ichi but despite this, service was very sluggish, especially considering we did not order a large amount of food. Our waitress seemed completely disconnected from our needs or her other tables. The food was average, not all of it seemed too fresh. It seems a shame because the setting was really nice. Poor service and average food let it down.

2  Thank G C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It is a nice jap corner in a very big hotel, with a nice view on the Parliament, Big Ben and the Bridge. The quality is fine. Nothing to be crazy of, but still nice. The waitresses are in kimono, but they are not japanese and do not really know about about the food they serve. Not possible in a luxury hotel. Outside a big hall with a big bar and a restaurant and some modern decor.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Located in the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel. Offers high quality and superfresh sushi and sashimi. Prozes above average. Swift and friendly service.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Made a booking for 9 people, a week in advance for Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar and clearly stated on the special requirements that it would be for the Sushi Afternoon Tea. FYI this was suppose to be my birthday. Got to the place to be told that they had NO information about the afternoon tea and that they would NOT be able to provide it. Well what a massive waste of my time and such an embarrassment! We ended up leaving having tasted none of the food and having no where to go after. The day was spent having to come up with last minute plans, what an utter disrespect to my guests. Needless to say never ever coming back here again, they need to sort out their booking system (direct from their website) and not blame booking agents. What I can say of the place is that it is absolutely tiny, definitely not worth going to if you're not staying at the hotel (I only chose this place because Sushi Afternoon Tea is different).

2  Thank Yeahmichy