“great local pub”
Review of The Orange

The Orange
Reserve with OpenTable
The Orange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,175 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$58
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Transit: Victoria mainline & tube station 15 minute walk, Sloane Square 10 minute walk. Bus links to north & south London (C1, 211 & 11).
Description: Welcome to The Orange Public House & Hotel. In our beautifully restored building you'll find a bustling bar serving fine ales and cocktails. Our casual dining rooms on the ground and first floor offer a fresh and seasonal modern European menu. The Orange has four beautifully designed bedrooms that offer the perfect retreat after a long day in the city. Each room boasts complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious king size beds and en-suite bathrooms complete with Aesop amenities.
Brooklyn, New York
“great local pub”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

very good food and excellent drinks. the staff is friendly and the customers are cool. this is a great place for an after-work drink or a casual dinner any night of the week.

Visited June 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't let the word 'pub' fool you!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

On a family (including 'other halfs') trip to London I wanted a good restaurant in a nice location that included something simple for one extremely fussy eater in the group. It was pure chance that I came across this former 'pub' but the menu looked impressive and included the magic words 'pizza' (albeit of the more glamorous type) so I booked it and hoped for the best. We ate in the restaurant above the extremely popular (and noisy) bar downstairs. The decor was a charming French style 'shabby chic' and we sat by the open corner window, complete with shutters, overlooking some gorgeous period apartments opposite. Perhaps it was because it was a pub in another life but I wasn't expecting the food to be quite so sensational! I was delighted that the majority of our group had been able to enjoy a 'fine dining' experience without having to compromise for the one picky eater! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank manchesterpammy2016
Newton Poppleford, United Kingdom
“Evening Drinks”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Vibrant and popular watering hole but be prepared for a wait on busy nights, during the week when it's a bit quieter is better good atmosphere and good for socialising.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely location, lovely staff”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location is really lovely. Beautiful restaurant, good food and great staff. I happened to have my handbag stolen whilst there and they helped me out massively, even waving the bill! So so friendly. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent for group bookings”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked the Music Room for a group of 21 and had an excellent experience. The room itself is down some litttle steps so separate from the other retaurant, but as it isn't a closed a off room I think it made for a good atmosphere. It was the perfect size for our number. It also has a little roof terrace coming off from it which was great for arrival drinks. As we were a large group we had a set menu to choose from, but there was a great choice (fish, beef, chicken and risotto for the main dishes) and the food was of a high standard, especially when considering we were a large group. Our waitress was very good, she was really attentive and considering we were probably quite a annoying what with the free flowing wine she was very polite and patient! Also, Marine who I dealt with before-hand when organising the night was exceptionally helpful. Not the cheapest place, but I think very good value for sure. I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014