“Short Measures!”
Review of The Pembroke

The Pembroke
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pembroke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,149 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Earls Court
Description: Welcome to The Pembroke, Public House and Lounge, situated in the centre of Earl's Court, on Old Brompton Road, minutes from Earls Court and West Brompton stations. The Pembroke opens it's doors at 12'oclock Monday to Saturday. Sundays we're open for roasts and Bloody Mary's and our infamous 'Hangover Club'. We offer a relaxed and elegant backdrop for coffee, lunch, romantic dinner or group drinks every day of the week. Recently fully refurbished this historic Public House offers an intimate dining room and open kitchen, vibrant bar featuring premium craft beers and Prosecco on tap. Upstairs is now a beautiful lounge bar boasting chesterfield sofa's, slouchy arm chairs and an 8ft projector screen, which will be used for cinema events, large sporting fixtures and classic comedy during our hangover club. Alongside the lounge, we also have Earls Court's best kept secret, our roof garden. The perfect, (and in our opinion the only) place to enjoy the best of the great British sun. Our creative and passionate kitchen team put together seasonal menus every 4 weeks, with a focus on balance, seasonality and of course great British ingredients, showcased simply in our monthly changing menu. The bar stocks craft beers and ciders from the UK and US, with Prosecco on tap offering something a little more special. Alongside hosting in-house events such as stand-up comedy, cinema evenings, wine tastings and breakfast clubs, The Pembroke is the perfect option for private events and functions, from sit down meals, canapés or secret cinemas. Our team will be able to put together the perfect evening for you.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a 2/3 pint of a real ale that was way short of the line measure. Challenged the barman and was told it was OK as the head reached the line, this is clearly wrong. The liquid must be able to reach the line when the head is totally collapsed. Check your pints!

1  Thank AMRJ423

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been to the Pembroke many times, as it is my local. The bar is fantastic, amazing set up and friendly staff. It is to my knowledge, they have new owners? I am praying they use different suppliers or get new chefs. I've eaten their twice and have been extremely let down both times. One lunch time, I ordered a burger, the bun was stale. When I told the waitress, she told me it was fresh, the bread was hard as a rock, you could of killed someone. The portion for the price was cringe worthy on the previous meal - So I am hoping they change the menu and revamp the food quality. I walked past the other day and had noticed some changes already. So I shall return and try for a 3rd time lucky!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had just arrived in London from San Francisco and my son was exhausted and hungry. He was a little grumpy, consequently, and he seemed really against the whole pub concept. He did not understand why Yorkshire pudding was called that if it was really a hollow biscuit. When his roast chicken arrived, he immediately ate the broccoli which looked different from ours, and then he cautiously tore off a piece of the Yorkshire pudding and dipped it in the gravy, He was in love.

I had the Dexter beef and it was really excellent. It was just a very nice first meal in the UK after a long day of travel.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I first visited before a gig at Earls Court (Artic Monkeys, which was amazing!!)) for pre-gigs drinks and loved it. The Atmosphere was great, the bar service was so fast and all the staff where so friendly. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm heading back for dinner before Calvin Harris this Friday as the food looked lovely.

1  Thank becki r
Reviewed 16 December 2013

went into this bar before I went to Chelsea game didn't have time for food but it looked good good service and nice atmosphere will go back here next time