“Good stay.”

Ambassadors Bloomsbury
Ranked #454 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A friend and myself stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel is in a good location within walking distant to kings cross and a close to russell square for the underground.

We checked in at 1pm and our room was ready, it was a small room with around 5 inches at the bottom of the bed to walk round luckily we are only small so this didn't prove a problem. Everything was clean and tidy but we did find that there was a rather foist like smell in the bathroom when we used the shower.

Apart from that there was a safe to use for free, hairdryer, TV & coffee making facilities in room. Breakfast was also included and there was a great selection of food.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as we had no noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terri W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,155)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nothing to add really, great location, great staff,great hotel!
In a part of London not usually frequented by ourselves, but certainly one to bear in mind next time.
Ideal for what we wanted it for, Eurostar and an 8am departure!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keefy56
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Chosen for its central location and because I've stayed before. Although the room was clean, it was tiny. The only place I could open my suitcase was on the bed. Not ideal if you're having to live out of your suitcase due to lack of bedroom furniture. Also the room was too warm and far too noisy to sleep (can't figure out where the whirring noise was coming from but it was close). The size of the room would have been ok if I hadn't paid so much.
Reception staff friendly. Didn't eat at reception (breakfast would have been even more to pay).

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank b21r
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location was, for us, unbeatable. A stone's throw from Euston Station, it would make a great place to stumble off the train and spend the night - especially if next day's destination was the British Museum or similar.
We had a room on the fourth floor, fronting out onto the main road, but noise wasn't a problem ( and I am a light sleeper). I can see how it would be noisy lower down, though. Maybe the hotel could help by providing/selling earplugs? The room had nicely efficient air-con ( unusual - I find most hotels massively overheated - this one was just right, and the air-con was nice and quiet - for once!!) We both slept well though - the bed was very inviting and extremely comfy, with loads of pillows and a big cosy duvet. The room was extremely clean, and was compact, but big enough. The bathroom was very nice - the walls were covered in coloured glass panels - very stylish and spotless-looking. The shower was nice and hot, and very powerful, not stingy like some hotel showers - with nice toiletries too!
The wifi signal was not great, but we were on the fourth floor. I wasn't too bothered, as I was only looking up opening times of stuff, but if you had to use the wifi for anything important, you might struggle a bit. The staff, while seeming perhaps a little undertrained ( new staff perhaps?) were extremely friendly and helpful and very pleasant to deal with.
The price, while not cheap, was not extortionate - all in all, I'd say it was an OK price to pay. I have stayed in nearby hotels which were cheaper, and I must say you get what you pay for. This is probably not great value if you are just in transit and want to arrive, sleep and then leave quickly - a cheaper "crash-pad" type place would be better value, but if, like me, you were going on an overnight as a bit of a treat and wanted something a bit better, this hotel will do the job. If you are concerned about noise, ask for a room higher up. All in all, I'd say this was a pretty good hotel - I'd certainly use it again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are a must if you dislike noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chooksaway
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

my mum & I stayed in London for the weekend of 20th September 2013....the hotel was excellent..the food was outstanding and must give them 10 out of 10 for presentation...all the staff were very helpful & friendly and couldn't do enough for us....the bedroom was very clean and especially loved the wet room style shower...the only slight fault (although its not really) was that the room was a bit small....saying that ....you only sleep in it ...(but both mum n I both said it was slightly small)...otherwise its an excellent place to stay which I certainly will again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne S
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am usually of the view that you only need a hotel room so that you can get a good nights sleep in a comfortable bedand a shower. My recent stay at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury has changed that view. This was uncomfortably small in both the bedroom and the bathroom. There was literally no place to put anything without it being in the way. It was also an incredibily noisy place as both nights we were there there was a continuous stream of emergency vehicles that interrupted our sleep. On the positive side we had a nice lunch and breakfast there and the staff were friendly and helpful it will not be somewhere I will go back to though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crockett55
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The good: Rooms are clean
The bad: Pricey
The ugly: Rooms are terribly small
Bottom line: For this price, you can probably find much better options

I went on a business trip and came to realize that I'll probably won't come back to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business