“Great location”

Ranked #391 of 1,067 Hotels in London
victoria, australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great hotel. Variety of breakfast. Concierge very helpful. Rooms are good. Only problem was could not open a window so aircon was on at all times. Close to tube and oxord streer and central. If you enjoy shopping this is the place. Walking distance to train station and shops. Buses are also close by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Magali P, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your valued feedback on your recent visit to The Cumberland Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you did enjoy your time at the hotel and that you were able to enjoy our location next to all shops, restaurants and all London landmarks.

Some of our windows do open I'm sorry that it was not convenient for you I do understand that this can be a nuisance sometimes.

I sincerely hope that we will see you again soon.

The Cumberland Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Datchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for work and on the upsides I had a room with a bath, the hotel has a great bar with friendly bartenders, check in was quick, easy and with a smile and it's really well located for central London. That said I will never get used to the cost of London hotels, the room cost £240 for 1 night and the interior of the room was very similar to a Travelodge. The bottom sheet on the bed wasn't big enough for the mattress so despite wrestling with it for a few minutes I couldn't quite get it to fit, luckily it stayed on during the night though as I don't like waking up on a bare mattress.
On a final plus side, I notice the manager frequently responds to reviews on here professionally and courteously which is great, there are far too many hot-headed and rude responses on here from unprofessional management. No need to reply to this one: I will never get used to London prices but understand you are commercial so will charge what you can, don't blame you. But please do get larger bedsheets :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent visit to The Cumberland Hotel.

I'm glad to read that you had an overall good stay and that you did find all suitable for your needs. I'm sorry though that you did get an issue with the bed linen I have shared your comments with our Executive Head Housekeeper who sends her apologies.

I do hope to welcome you back soon at the hotel.

Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is so easy if your coming into town on one of the buses that stops at Marble Arch. Interesting foyer - full of rather strange bronzes wearing flags! Receptionist was very welcoming and gave us a good room. The room had everything one would expect for a four star hotel and maybe a little more. Breakfast was in a vast canteen - the quality was average but the croissant were delicious.

The housekeeping department just need to tell cleaners to clean behind the sink as dried toothpaste marks were reflected in the mirror!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for visiting The Cumberland Hotel and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us , and that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations minutes from the tube station and Oxford Street with all of its shops and restaurants.

I have shared your comments with our Executive Head Housekeeper regarding the marks.

I do hope to see you back at The Cumberland Hotel soon.

Holbaek, Denmark
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel in april 2012. The location was excellent, There is a huge breakfast buffet, with everything you may want for breakfast.
The Conscierge was very helpfull, as we wanted to change our musical tickets, and he made that happen. The rooms are nice and simple. The bathroom, was a bit small, especially the sink was almost micro.
The location was the best, city busses almost outside the door, The tube within 50 meters, as well as Hyde Park across the street, and Oxford Street around the corner 30 meters away.
Next time in London, I will be staying at the Cumberland

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
MeskeremA, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such a good location in central London. Your praise of the hotel has been communicated to all involved and I am glad you had such a lovely time.

I certainly hope that it will not be long until your next visit to The Cumberland Hotel.

Kind regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you are in London for few days and do not want to waste time travelling to Oxford street and the near by area where all the resturants and night life is then this is a hotel for you. I stayed for 2 nights in this Hotel and found it convinient despite the drawbacks I will mention. First of all the hotel is located in a brilliant spot and Hyde park is 3 min walk and Oxford street is just around the corner. Groceries, resturants of various food types are near by especially if you are into Arabic food the famous Edgware road is 5 min walk. The Hotel receptions is so spacious you can run with the kids. Front Desk check in was very fast and very friendly which is a big change to Old Hotel staff back in 2000. The rooms are of an acceptable london sized rooms and I found it ok, with an LCD TV of around 30" or maybe more. The Room has a desk, a wardrobe and an ironing table which I did not like since it was occupying space and the table was dirty to be used. A fridge is in the room which is great and the Bed was comfortable enough for me. An extra bed I asked for came quickly and did not make the room small, it was fine. The lighting around the room was good. Cleanleness could be improved more I think. The bathroom although has what is needed still lacks amenities and there is no space to put your toilet bag, the sink has style although nice but you need a space around it to place your stuff. The bathroom Door choice needs a change as you can see who is in the toilet or shower easily, hope th hotel invests in a door that seals well around corners. TV channels and reception is not acceptable and needs improvement. The view from the room, well do not ask for a view as this Hotel rooms are scattered around the building but to me it is ok away from the noisy streets.

despite that I think I will go back to the hotel again but I will try a superior room, the hotel has changed alot from the Old cumberland and I hope more changes are on the way

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing The Cumberland Hotel and for providing us with feedback on your recent visit to London.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us , and that you were able to take advantage of our most convenient of locations minutes from the tube station and Oxford Street with all of its shops and restaurants.

We are constantly updating our rooms and I'm happy to read that you did find all suitable for your needs.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Cumberland Hotel on your next visit

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff is BEST and they are their to guide you and have excellent facilities. For Tourist this is the best location since Trains, Bus and you name it it is there. The places to roam are all close by plus the hotel is in the best place of london i.e. Oxford street. The shopping area are all in walking place.

Room Tip: rooms are all very good and service is excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

We are delighted to read your positive and constructive feedback regarding your stay here. Your comments have been re-laid to the team and have provided encouragement and inspiration.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon to our hotel. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do contact me directly.

With kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great staff and very helpful if you needed anything
Well fitted room with everything you need although it was on the compact side
tea/coffee/ironing board/ double shower and a large screen tv made it very comfortable
breakfast was good and the choice of food was excellent
location was great for both travel and sightseeing

Room Tip: we stayed on the 7th floor room 7017 and it was a great location for us
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and its services. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were particularly happy with the facilities in our rooms, the location and breakfast. We will continue to strive to meet our guests’ expectations and make their stay as comfortable as possible. All comments, positive and negative are shared with the entire team at The Cumberland.

Kind regards,