The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$217
US$176
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$176
US$202
US$181
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$640
US$483
Agoda.com
6,600 results
All reviewsmarble archoxford streethyde parkexecutive roomexcellent locationpret a mangerlarge hotelbusy hoteltube stationcentral linewest endconciergefoyerselfridgesirondoormantheatre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I attended a conference and the Ocean room was far too hot for the number of people inside - the air conditioning was a problem that last ime I visited and it has not improved since we brought it to managements attention three years ago

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Oliver K, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MikeOgilvie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us at the Cumberland Hotel in London. I was disappointed to read that on your last stay with us you encountered a challenge with the Air Conditioning Unit and that we did not resolve the issues in a satisfactory manner for you.
Please let me first assure you that this is not to our usual standards of service at the hotel and I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that has caused. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and I am very sorry to see that on this occasion we have not met our own high standards.

Upholding my pledge to provide each guest with an exceptional customer service experience I would like to ask if you could contact me via my Hotel Administrator Meskerem on meskerem.assefa@guoman.co.uk to discuss this matter further with you and restore your faith in the service that we strive to deliver.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at The Cumberland on many occasion and always thought the rooms didn't match what was supposed to be a high quality hotel. They've always been disappointing but this was genuinely the worst room I have ever stayed in, in any hotel in the world. I have stayed in budget hotels that had better. Firstly, I on making my reservation, I requested a double room. On arrival I was greeted with a twin-bedded disabled room. The bedside tables were unwiped, the furniture & décor of the room was old fashioned. The air-conditioning wasn't working and the windows (upon opening) were black with dirt & grime. The bathroom smelt of sewage and the shower only gave out tepid water. When I tried calling down to reception the numbers programmed into the phone didn't work and the Concierge didn't answer. I even tried calling the external number for the hotel but, again, received no answer.
As a woman, travelling away from home on business this was not the safe & comfortable room I was hoping for ahead of what was going to be a very busy day.
I won't be looking to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RXG2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me about your recent stay at The Cumberland Hotel. I do sincerely appreciate your feedback as it our dedication to ensure that our guests feel welcomed and that they are taken care of by our associates to ensure that they have a memorable experience.

It is disappointing to read that our level of service did not meet your expectation on this occasion. However, I understand that you have already been given 20% off your overnight stay and a complimentary upgrade on your next visit. We will ensure you receive the exemplary service that is expected and redeem our good name on your return visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Be warned. This hotel overbooks so you may not get the room you have paid for, or any room at all!
When I arrived there were lots of people stood around with bags in the reception which was odd as it was nearly 10pm. The trainee receptionist took a long time finding me a room, told me that although a superior double had been booked and paid for in advance, that they only had a twin left. I complained and eventually they managed to find me a superior double which had been somehow 'hidden' on the system. Wen I went to my room found it hadn't been cleaned (toilet filthy, seat up urine sprayed everywhere, a puddle of wee on the bathroom floor, bed slept in, dirty glasses). Went back to reception to complain and then found out that all the people in reception had similar complaints, were also waiting for rooms, and/or had been sent to a dirty room. The manager hid in the basement and wouldn't come out. The hotel had overbooked by 40 rooms. All the reception staff were badged as 'trainees' and just didn't know what to do. Utter chaos. Eventually I got a single room and a promise to refund 25% of the cost, but the unlucky couple who were stood behind me in the queue to complain had to find elsewhere to stay as there were no rooms left at all. No easy ask at 11pm at night.
If you want to be guaranteed to get the room you have booked and paid for, don't come here. Shocking that a hotel can overbook by such a large number and think that's it's acceptable to take money for rooms they don't have available.

Room Tip: You will be lucky to get a room at all!
1  Thank RXG2014

Dear RXG2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Cumberland Hotel.

We do sincerely appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve the quality of service that we offer in meeting and exceeding our guest experience and to maintain the high standards that we are renowned for.

I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. However, I understand that you have been in contact with one of my associate about your stay and would very much like the opportunity to make it right for you on your next visit.

I hope this experience will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You will not believe this story. Booked a non-refundable arrangement in April from Monday to Friday (4 nights). Due to circumstances (I could have claimed with my insurance, but did not). I re-booked it to a date In June from Monday to Friday (although I only stayed until Thursday). The stay was by direct booking on their site about GBP 1000. On arrival my booking was not found and appeared in their computer for July (dates Wednesday to Sunday, something I would not do on a business trip). Luckily there was a room available during my stay. Unfortunately after one night I received a call where they told me I made the mistake and I had to pay about GBP 599 EXTRA due to my wrong arrival. I disputed this, but they said they had proof of the recorded phone call. However due to privacy they could not reveal this?????? Nevertheless too late to find another hotel and bottom line 1600 pounds for three nights.
I will play this via our lawyer of my company to get the information, but feel this will not work out. During my phones calls about this they made me say a few times YES and likely can misuse this data to create a fake call. I feel SCAMMED. Misused there was no possible customer friendliness in this respect, no sympathy, but worse part not prove via email about all this. For those who dare to book, make sure you get things in writing. In my life of business travels all over the world to over 30 different countries, never ever experienced such a treatment. UNBELIEVABLE.

Room Tip: do not book this hotel ever
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Oliver K, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear FamDeManNL,

I understand that you are in contact with one of my associate about your stay and would very much like the opportunity to make it right for you.

I hope this experience will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Business stay post an event in Mayfair. Havent stayed at the Cumberland before although know it well re attending various events over the years.

It's a large hotel but despite that the welcome was a warm one and check-in was very quick. I had been allocated a refurbished room which was of modern decor so unable to comment about other rooms and their standard.

Usual amenities of TV, wifi and USB sockets plus a nice little coffee machine. Bed was comfy and room nicely soundproofed considering there was a very busy road junction outside.

A little disappointed by the bar area. Just didnt have an atmosphere. I know they are refurbing the hotel so hopefully the bar will be re-configured as well.

Dear Shaun L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive and constructive feedback following your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies if you were disappointed with our Bar. Indeed we’re updating our ground floor restaurant and bar to deliver a true taste of London - signature cocktails and internationally-inspired casual dining with a modern British twist. The Market Restaurant & Bar, located in our basement, will remain open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week.

On a lighter note I am also delighted to read that you liked your bedroom. We are very proud of the service and standards we offer and having the facilities and amenities available ensures that our guests have an unforgettable experience.

When you make plans to visit again, let me know and I will be delighted to personally greet you! Thank you for your preference!

Best regards,