“Value-for-money stays” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #862 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Value-for-money stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

At the end of my 5 days visit to London, I left Berjaya Eden Park Hotel with satisfaction, gratitude and a feeling that I had made a fine choice for accommodation.

Now, Berjaya Eden Park Hotel is not exactly luxuriant but it is cozy enough and its condition definitely exceeded my expectation for the price that I paid. I was lucky to be assigned the room at the corner of the main building (means windows on 2 walls), 2nd floor, and the interior of my room is every bit as comfortable as the hotel exteriors promises to be.

The staffs are real polite & helpful. I was greeted with smiles whenever I walk pass the lobby and whenever I approach them to request for the password to free WIFI access.

As for the reason to my gratitude, it is the location. The fact that it took less than 5 mins walks to Bayswater tube station, Tesco, Saintburry’s and plenty of restaurants gave me a sense of comfort/security as though it lifted certain worries away, throughout my trip. But then of course, I was using London’s 7-days travelers pass, thus, cost of traveling from and back to hotel is out of the equation.

All in all, I think that my stays at Berjaya Eden Park were definitely a great value-for-money.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms at the main building, where the reception hall is.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I checked into the hotel yesterday, got to my basement room and realised it was noisy as hell. Reported this to reception and was laughed at and told 'it's the middle of the day you'll be fine in the evening'!!!

Sadly, got back at around 2.30am and the hotel is surrounded by loud men prowling the streets late at night which not even my ear plugs could quell even slightly. Couple this with hearing even a pin drop in the hotel as the floors and walls are so thin and you have more chance of sleeping standing up on the tube. It also seems my too was placed next to where the staff have conversations about everything from period pains to what they've had for breakfast which didn't help things!!!

I was willing to let the fact the bath has immense cracks in, there's slight rips in the sheet and that there is a slight stench of smoke making me think this is the room staff use to have a crafty fag! The ashtray left in my room might signal this.,,,,subtle clues!

So after having no sleep, I'm ready to tackle the day resembling an extra from ' dawn of the dead' all thanks to the berjaya hotel! I will however mention my plight to reception as I leave but I feel my chance of getting anything near an apology or compensation will be as likely as me standing next to a flying pig at check-out time!

I really wish I could post audio clips of what I've had to try and sleep through! :-(

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AbsoluteDisco711

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Central Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Like the title implies, sleep was not something that happened with ease. We stayed in the middle of Autumn but the rooms were incredibly hot and there was no air conditioning! We tried opening windows for air flow but they were tiny and brought in so much noise. We had paid extra for a deluxe room but ended up being put in the basement below ground level, which meant that when the windows were open we could hear people walking past and all the loud conversations from the cafe above us that was open until 11pm every night. The bed in the room was also very small (and uncomfortable) and, despite this fact, there was no room to walk down the sides of the bed. The bathroom was decent. The staff were very nice. The location was excellent and only about a 2 minute walk to Bayswater station.

Room Tip: You must demand a room with air conditioning and on one of the top floors to avoid noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Talbot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

As a frequent visitor to London, I try to vary my hotels and sometimes try a little something different. I chose this hotel as I love the area and there is something really wonderfull about Inverness Terrace.

I'd had a horrid journey to London with the train over an hour late due to a breakdown. I was stressed and tired by the time I got to the hotel. The first thing that impressed was the reception staff. They genuinely looked pleased to see me! Great, this is a good start as one of my pet hates is sullen staff!

The hotel was rather full and so upgraded me from the standard room that I had booked, to the Eden Suite. This was heaven! The suite was wonderful with a lovely bedroom, bathroom, dinning area, reception area leading off a staircase, with its own patio and tables and chairs. It was the 'old kind of quality' grand, that is so prevelant in these historical areas and very warm and welcoming.

The restaurant had fantastic Maylaysian food and the waiter took extra time to explain the options and the menu to me.

All in all, a great stay, although I could not review the standard rooms, the Eden suite is a must!

I will definately visit this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed over at this hotel in May 2013. Below are our experiences during the stay:

Location: location near to Bayswater tube station; easily accessible to everywhere by the tube. Many restaurants, many souvenir shops.

Room/amenities: claustrophobia, was kinda a rude awakening. We barely had the space to walk! Amenities was a little not so satisfying; the sink was small. Had to be careful not to spill anything on the floor. Then again, its in London. But found it disappointing for a supposedly 3-star hotel. They were still refurbishing some of the rooms at the time we were there, Bed was very soft.

Staff: service is friendly and were willing to assist..

Breakfast: We did not try the breakfast. Headed out for all our meals.

Others: Wifi available. Ask for the password at the recep.

At 11pm one night the fire alarm suddenly went off. Rude shock to both my wife and i. That seriously affected our sleep as we didnt know if the alarm would sound again in the middle of the night.

Conclusion: The rooms were a letdown... very unlikely to go back there again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Guobins
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at Berjaya in September for a couple of nights en route to Turkey. The location is great just £5 from Paddington station by cab, and close to Bayswater station, walk to Kennsington gardens, the London tourist bus, and heaps of restaurants.
The hotel is a little cramped in the hallways, but the staff helped us with heavy bags to our room which was clean and well setup. Free wi-fi let us call home.
We found a great little cafe around the corner for a full English breakfast.
The hotel staff organised a car for us to go to Gatwick airport direct from the lobby- no hassles.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as it is a busy area
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed there Sept 3-5th 2013.
Great Location. In the middle of Bayswater so close to everything. Only 2 minutes walk from Bayswater tube station.
We booked a standard double at £79 a night for 2 nights which for London is fine. The room was small, well used and a touch scruffy but clean enough. Apparently some rooms have been re-furbished but obviously not ours! No air conditioning which normally wouldn't matter but with day time temperatures approaching 30 degrees this made for uncomfortable sleeps. They did supply a fan when asked which made the second night much better. We overlooked a main street and without double glazing, the room was very noisy till after midnight. More so on night 1 as we needed to open the windows for some air! The thermostat for the shower was dodgy but workable when advised by the maintenance man to use brute strength and press the red button! And the tiny TV didn't work but in fairness we didn't bother complaining..I'm sure they would have replaced it if asked. The 2 man lift could have been a big problem (we were on the 4th floor) if all 5 floors wanted it at once although that didn't happen to us. We didnt have food there so can't comment on that issue. The staff were friendly and helpful and despite my criticisms I'd say overall, it's worth the money for a brief stay in a great part of London.

Room Tip: ask for re-furbished
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple