Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe double roomcircle linefirst floorfantastic locationunderground stationoxford streettesco
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very small, no frills, garden view terrace room desperately in need of redecoration especially the windows in the very small bathroom.
Felt quite scared at the lack of security (perhaps perceived) as the room window/ french window did not appear to be very secure and faced directly into an internal small garden area. No lock on the windows. However the room provided a safe.
Breakfast was excellent.
Staff were very polite and helpful and i was helped to my room with my bags.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
The_Berjaya_Team, Manager at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Margaret T,

Thank you for staying with us.
The internal garden area you refer to can only be accessed by a member of staff with prior authorisation from the management.
Thank you for your kind remarks on the breakfast and the staff.
We whope we can welcome you back in the future so that we have an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Kind regards,

The Berjaya Management Team.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed with my partner for 5 nights and we had a very long flight so we ordered room service the minute we got to our room. The food was TERRIBLE. I'm a fussy eater but my partner usually eats anything and everything but even he couldn't finish his meal despite his hunger! It was quite expensive too but we were far too tired to argue. Our room was on the lower floor and was right next to the sidewalk so we could hear cars and people talking constantly. It really bothered me that people walking on the sidewalk could look into our window and see everything. The hotel was quite dated and a little on the shabby side.
The staff didn't help us with our bags. My partner and I both had very large, heavy bags but staff did not attempt to help us. The elevator was old and wasn't working half the time so carrying the luggage UP the stairs at checkout was a real pain. The only good thing is that it is quite close to two different underground stations which made it quite convenient to get around. I probably wouldn't stay here again though.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Six of us stayed for one night for an evening event in Town.

I'll cut to the chase. Outside, it looks fabulous, very Poirot. Inside, the decor in the communal rooms has the makings but.....wait !
1. Everything is just too cramped - taken a large London Town house and carved it up mercilessly.

2. I had a deluxe room, which means I could fit into the bed. My friends faired much worse.

3. Rooms cramped, bedrooms tired, dining area possibly small and overheated. Good thing McDonalds was around the corner.

4. London prices but a grim experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We chose this hotel primarily for its location to Bayswater. Travel was easy as the subway was just around the corner; and there were many restaurants nearby. We got a room on the upper floor- and the older wing. As we were travelling with 2 toddlers, our room was made up of 2 interconnecting standard rooms. It was a little cramped but this was expected in London. However, the bathroom was tiny. My 6- footer husband had difficulties showering! No toiletries except a small bar of soap.
The corridors leading to the rooms were narrow and the hotel was built in such a way that there were multiple split levels. Not good for wheelchairs or strollers.
Cleanliness was only satisfactory- there were occasions where the cleaning ladies had forgotten our garbage after room service. Furniture dated. Aircon worked well.
My parents got a room in the newly refurbished part of the hotel with new fixtures and furniture. The bathroom was much bigger there.
Overall Berjaya Eden Park is an average hotel with very good location. May stay elsewhere on next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very friendly and accomodating reception. Rooms small rooms and tiny bathroom. Room in basement but still OK with window. Good breakfast. Location is perfect in Bayswater, very close to booth Circle line and Central Line. Walking distance (15 min) to Paddington.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends