Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel
US$213
US$198
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe double roomcircle linefirst floorfantastic locationunderground stationoxford streettesco
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pros:
Great location and close to Queensway Station which gives access to Bond Street and Oxford Circus. Change at Holborn Station to catch the Piccadilly Line to go to Heathrow or St Pancras.
Walk across the street to visit Hyde Park.
Shower was OK, working hot water.
TV was a good size with a good selection of channels.
Super secret 5 star bathroom in the basement.

Cons:
Room was terribly small.
Room had mould on the ceiling.
Room is hot and damp, with bad airflow, make sure you get a fan from reception.
Bathroom floor had a hole with rust and gunk in it.
The hotel supposedly has working WiFi but ours was super slow/didn't even connect.
Hotel elevator could barely fit 2 people, let alone 2 people with suitcases.
The staff are nice but just act dumb, they know how bad the hotel is but just pretend everything is fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Berjaya_Team, Manager at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear AnthonyB89,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

We will look into the issues highlighted in your review and ensure that these are rectified as soon as possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It was beyond what I thought a bad hotel could be. The room was so small we could barely get around in it. My husband kept stubbing his toe just trying to get to the bathroom (which was even tinier). We had to open the door, then squeeze in and straddle the toilet to be able to shut the door. My elbows were bumping into the sides of the shower while I shampooed my hair. Also, while we got new towels every day, the sheets were never changed during our 10-day stay. There was only a fitted sheet and a comforter on the bed, which made us wonder if the comforter had been washed between our stay and the people before us. Finally, we took the airport shuttle the hotel provided to get us back to Heathrow. While it is cheaper than a cab, the shuttle was an hour late and we very nearly missed the check-in window for our flight. The hotel also boasts free wi-fi, but it didn't work in our rooms and only worked about half the time when we went down to the lobby. The bed was so uncomfortable we could hardly sleep at night. I'm not sure if I have anything good to say about this place. It was awful, save yourselves, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Victoria9691,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as that of others.

From the details you provided in your review we are not able to determine which room you stayed in. Having this information would be helpeful in terms of addressing the issues highlighted in your review.

We believe the size of our rooms is at the very least adequate for central London. Hotel rooms in the city centre of the world's major capitals do tend to be less spacious than they are elsewhere.

We were most concerned to read that your bedsheets were never changed during your 10-day stay. We change bedsheets every 2-3 days and again, of course, after the room is vacated. The exceptions are rooms where the DND sign has been placed on the door. We therefore wonder if this could have been the reason why the linen was not changed during your stay.

As for the airport shuttle being late, this is of course regrettable and we are sorry that you nearly missed the check-in window for your flight. We are happy to assist our guests in booking the shuttle on their behalf but the company which operates it is not owned or managed by the hotel. In any case, this seems to have been a one-off as they are usually reliable and on time.

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations and that we might not have the oppportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My second visit to this hotel whilst on business in London. On both occasions I have had a single room which was more than adequate in size, the room was spotless and the bathroom had obviously just been refurbished and was superb.
Check in and check out was great - not over friendly but professional. For this price I wonder what people expect in London so a few tips:
1) Will give the hotel five stars for location as its where I wanted to be. If its not in a convenient location stay somewhere else.
2) I planned to use my bedroom for sleeping and changing purposes only and not organise a game of five a side football. If want a huge room of redundant space then one will have to pay a lot more.
3) Outside can be noisy with cars and people. Not surprisingly when I opened the window I saw London outside - which is a noisy place. Hint - take ear plugs if staying in London it helps. I do not expect to see herds of Wildebeests gently meandering across sun soaked savannahs.

Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank socialentrepreneur
The_Berjaya_Team, Manager at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear socialentrepreneur,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during summer. Booked 2 rooms. Both were horrible. Rooms were very small and outdated. Toilets were old and outdated.

Rooms were hot and stuffy with no air conditioning.

Floorboards were creaking and was very noisy when other guests were walking around.

Breakfast spread was very basic.

Only plus side is it's a 1 min walk to the bayswater station.

Overall not impressed.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jesslina T

Dear Jesslina T,

We are sorry that the size of the rooms did not meet your expectations. However, we feel the rooms are of an adequate size considering our excellent location. Hotels rooms in central London do tend to be slightly less spacious than those in less convenient locations or abroad.

We have a number of air-conditioned rooms and we would have been happy to reserve one of these rooms for you had this been requested in advance.
While in other parts of the world most three-star properties have air-conditoning in all of their rooms, this is not necessarily the case in the UK due to the country's relatively cold climate.

We do receive plenty of positive feedback on our breakfast and we are sorry that you did not enjoy it as much as many of our guests do.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am used to small rooms for European travel, but this was the tiniest room I have every experienced. The problem was the room was ridiculously noisy well past 11pm at night. The shower door was broken and we complained to the reception desk and they told us they would send someone up to fix it and they never did during our entire 5 night stay. The shower head faced the door and you, along with the floor, would get drenched every time you turned on the shower. Then, you had to jump in quickly to attempt to close the door, which was difficult because the center panel was broken and it would not stay closed or get stuck open. The door needed to be replaced. The bathroom had mold. The sink was so small you would get water everywhere while you washed your hands. The bedside table was attached to the wall and was coming loose. I couldn't set anything on it without it sliding off. The mattresses were the worse hotel mattresses I have ever stayed on. I could feel the springs poking me. Everything was old and outdated and dingy. It was very hot and there was one tiny window that did not provide much relief. I wished I could leave the window shut to block out some noise and all of the cigarette smoke that billowed in from the staff that smoked below it. The food was terrible. The manager was dining at the restaurant and his food looked delicious and he informed us that he brought special food for the staff to prepare for him. We overheard a awful shouting match from the kitchen while dining. I will never go back.

Room Tip: Forget it! Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank D4rest
The_Berjaya_Team, Manager at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

We are most concerned to read about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, some of which are indeed unacceptable and not a true reflection of the level of service we pride ourselves on.

We will look into each one of the issues highlighted in your review so that we can rectify them as soon as possible.