When we arrived we were informed that the systems were updating so they could not check us in. That was no problem to us as we were happy to leave our bags at reception and go out. When we returned at 8.40pm we checked in and asked for our bags back. The receptionist informed us that we would have to wait for the concierge as only they could retrieve the bags. After a 5 min wait and no sign of the concierge, we asked about our bags and if we could get them ourselves as we were going back out again. They told us again that only the concierge could get them.
Finally after almost 10 mins waiting the concierge turned up. He had been fixing someone's heater. He then went into reception and picked up the only two bags that were there!! He asked the receptionist why she had not simply walked over and gave us them - she replied that they had been very busy and could not have done it. This was a bare faced lie as we had been standing at the desk the whole time and they had been shuffling paper! We were just flabbergasted that the two receptionist obviously had a 'that's not my job' attitude. Very poor.
I had asked, while waiting at the desk, if we could have a bucket of ice sent to our room. I was informed that the concierge would sort this. I felt sorry for the guy as he had been running around helping people, so thought I would just call the bar when we got to the room. Called the bar who said that I needed to call room service. I then called room service who told me there was an ice machine that I could help myself too. Why did the two staff members I asked not simply say this? Yet another waste of my time.
The room was small and needed updating but too be honest we picked it because of the location. If the customer service had been good then I would recommend this hotel but because there are clear training requirements I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London