“A good location but customer relations and decoration could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford Circus

Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
Ranked #594 of 1,089 Hotels in London
kemerton
“A good location but customer relations and decoration could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

When we arrived we were informed that the systems were updating so they could not check us in. That was no problem to us as we were happy to leave our bags at reception and go out. When we returned at 8.40pm we checked in and asked for our bags back. The receptionist informed us that we would have to wait for the concierge as only they could retrieve the bags. After a 5 min wait and no sign of the concierge, we asked about our bags and if we could get them ourselves as we were going back out again. They told us again that only the concierge could get them.

Finally after almost 10 mins waiting the concierge turned up. He had been fixing someone's heater. He then went into reception and picked up the only two bags that were there!! He asked the receptionist why she had not simply walked over and gave us them - she replied that they had been very busy and could not have done it. This was a bare faced lie as we had been standing at the desk the whole time and they had been shuffling paper! We were just flabbergasted that the two receptionist obviously had a 'that's not my job' attitude. Very poor.

I had asked, while waiting at the desk, if we could have a bucket of ice sent to our room. I was informed that the concierge would sort this. I felt sorry for the guy as he had been running around helping people, so thought I would just call the bar when we got to the room. Called the bar who said that I needed to call room service. I then called room service who told me there was an ice machine that I could help myself too. Why did the two staff members I asked not simply say this? Yet another waste of my time.

The room was small and needed updating but too be honest we picked it because of the location. If the customer service had been good then I would recommend this hotel but because there are clear training requirements I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear cartw1974,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the unsatisfactory service you have experienced during your stay with us. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Ok for those of you who just want to shop and on a budget in London especially Oxford St then this could be a hotel for you. Its all about location! 5 mins and your in the heart of London's main shopping St. Right so your not a shopper? And you want that little extra then i suggest paying slightly more and look at the nearby hotels which also have ideal locations. Staff services were average, sent us to the wrong room when we first checked in, and not even an apology for the inconvenience of having to repack and move our suitcases again. Hotel looks tired and if im going to be picky didn't look all that clean! The bar staff look tired, overall it served its purpose. Would i stay there again,.....maybe no,t probably would look at what else hotels near Oxford St have to offer, but having stayed in numerous hotels in and around London and i do have to admit to having a lot better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear mar c,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you liked the convenient location of our hotel. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the condition of our facilities and the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

It's a Holiday Inn - good service, standard breakfast (which got really busy at certain times). Rooms are small, but perfectly comfortable. The gym room is tiny but the location of the hotel is spot on. If you want a bit more luxury go for the Cumbernauld or Marylebone but.......it will cost you a whole lot more.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear 1finny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. am pleased to know that you find our location great and apologize for the gym size. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

too bad I was bit dissapointed, because the small so small, it's no surprise for place at England, might be I was just too much expected, but everything just fine, because the location is really good, near to tube and it located in central london, near to all the famous place in London, If you want to go around and just spend few hours to take a rest at the hotel, that would be fine, but for the level stars of the hotel in that size of room, quite uncomfortable

Room Tip: Well, I just let you know, don't expect too much, actually, but for the location absolutely grea...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear FannyRediastuti,

Thank you for your comments about your visit with us. I regret that this visit was a disappointment due to the size of the room. Despite this, it is nice to know that you found our location to be of convenience.

We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G
Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel frequently over the years and have always found it to be a good experience.The reception staff were very friendly and efficient.We were booked in within a few minutes and directed to our room which was spotless and very comfortable.
I must say this is an excellent place to stay if like us you are on a shopping trip or a theatre visit.Plenty of restaurants and wine bars are within walking distance, and the tube is about a five minute walk( Bond Street) a little more if you want the Oxford Circus tube.
I must mention the porter who greeted us like old friends, a very pleasant man who is full of helpful hints to enhance the London experience.
Looking forward to staying again soon!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side of the hotel, avoiding the road at the front, as it can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
East Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed for one night Monday 15th July for business reasons.
The location of the hotel is good for London, 3 minutes walk from Bond Street tube but far enough down Welbeck Street to be surprisingly quiet.
Was greeted at reception by an extremely pleasant young woman.
Had breakfast delivered to the room the following morning and it was very good.
That's were the good stuff ends I'm afraid.
The room, whilst spacious by London standards was just horrible. Tatty, smelly, faded, just old and drab and horrible. For £200 a night I just didn't expect that crap.
Walls were paper thin, so be warned - take ear plugs. I didn't, so had to resort to stuffing toilet paper in my ears to have any hope of sleeping through the noise from Egyptians in the rooms on BOTH sides of me. I've lived with and worked with Egyptians and love them. But they will admit themselves that they are extremely loud whether it's 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning. Not the hotel's fault of course, but as I said, the walls are paper thin. You can hear people having a wee in the next door bathroom!
I would possibly stay here again for the convenience factor - IF IT WAS £50 PER NIGHT!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear madlycurious,

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on business and was last there on 28th October.Reception was friendly and efficient as usual and as I am in the IHG Rewards Club, I was allocated room 691 on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and comfortable with well appointed modern fittings and all appliances worked. The bathroom was spotless. I had an excellent night's sleep and was woken efficiently by my arranged call. The selection at breakfast was comprehensive and porridge was freshly made. The hotel is very convenient to Oxford Street and public transport and could not be more convenient for me as my business commitment was just around the corner. I will certainly continue to use it in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business