“Very good”

Ranked #621 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Scotland
“Very good”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Excellent central location only minutes from Oxford/Regent street etc. Rooms spotless and nice and quiet. Breakfast is usually disappointing in HI but breakfast was surprisingly good with a quality sausage and bacon. Perfectly cooked eggs etc. Black pudding was disgusting but that was the only fault. Fresh fruit salad was surprisingly good and crunchy and fresh. Overall very good

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ryp15
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Ryp15

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am very pleased you not only found our location excellent but most importantly you appreciated the cleanlinesses of our bedrooms and really appear to have enjoyed our breakfast (well, apart from the black pudding).

We hope we can count on you to visit us again soon on your next trip to London.

D.Melrose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Over the years I have collected odd points on hotel rewards cards without ever collecting enough for a free night. I have recently, through work, become a Platinum member of the IHG group of hotels. I had enough points for two nights at the Holiday Inn Oxford Circus. I have always wondered if using points you will be allocated a less than luxurious room. Not so! We had a wonderful room on the Executive floor with complimentary soft drinks, newspapers etc. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous and our room was comfortable, clean, and spacious. Highly recommended for that weekend stay in London. Central location and only a short walk from Bond Street Tube.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jefferson138

Many thanks for your kind review and choosing to stay with us to test the Reward Programme! I am truly delighted we were able to exceed your expectation and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
Thank you again and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you and show you our appreciation for your loyalty to IHG.

West Midlands
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is dated, and is in need of a refurbishment. Was disappointed with my stay. Queues at reception to check in and out, not a good start if you have had a long day travelling. My room was number 494 please refuse this room as there is a lot of noise in this room, there is a loud extractor fan noise which does not stop. I rang reception and asked to be moved. I was moved ASAP. When I asked have u had complaints about this room before she replied yes a few!!! Beware you may be kept awake by doors banging as they r not soft close doors to all the rooms. Bed was ok, room needed decorating, bathroom was dated. Hotel is a two minute walk from Oxford street, so a great location. The restaurant is like going back to an 80's era with black dining furniture and pictures, with black rs on the windows which where hiding grubby windows that needed a good clean! I guess for £129.00 in London this hotel is average! But please do not pay anymore, as this hotel is only average and not worth anymore. Would not return back there.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 494
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lisawestmindlands37

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to see you were not fully satisfied with the accommodation you received. I have personally inspected room 494 as I was mystified by the extractor fan noises you encountered. We do not have any extractor fans on that side of the building and the only possibility we could think of was noise coming from the neighbour's air conditioning units however we have been assured these are switched off every day at 5pm. I have arranged a meeting with the manager to ensure this is strictly followed.

I am also sorry you did not like the decor of our restaurant. We have contractors coming to clean those windows on a regular schedule and I can only apologise if they were not up to the standard we expect when you visited us.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

UK
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I didn't have very high hopes of a city centre Holiday Inn, and booked this one based on convenient location and price.

The public areas were very good, the room (289) was excellent. Staff everywhere were really great.

The menu was pretty limited and dated, and the carvery starters were a bit of a disgrace .... However, I have to say the carvery main was really good! Lovely medium roast beef or lamb, and some decent veg, yorkshires and gravy. Clearly prepared by someone who knew what they were up to.

I'd stay here again, but would love to see a more interesting menu, cooked to the same standard as the carvery.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sonofcod

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As you can imagine I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay and were pleasantly surprised by the service and the facilities we have to offer.

I have passed on your comments regarding the carvery to our Food and Beverage Manager however, I do wonder, did you get a chance to see our A La Carte Menu? If you didn't, could I suggest for you to try something from that menu and to please let me have your opinion afterwards? I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to see you again soon.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just the one night as needed to be near the west end for a business function.

Only really spent about 6 hours in the hotel so cannot really comment about the service or food, but the check in process was efficient, receptionist friendly and helpful.

Room (688) is of my good size for a central London hotel and well furnished. A bit noisy first thing in the morning from the building site nearby.

Great location for Oxford street and the west end in general.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great location for shopping on Oxford Street and Regents Street. Comfortable, clean rooms with friendly and attentive staff. Quiet location, perfect for a shopping break or theatre break to the Palladium.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil M
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed this hotel for three nights from the end of the year. As I am a repeater to London, I simply wanted to stay and walk around West End. The location, which is slightly tucked away to north from Bond Street station, was good for this purpose. If you want to use Taxi very often from the hotel, this may not be a good choice. When going by taxi, need to say "Holiday Inn on Wellbeck Street."

Room Tip: Some rooms are under refurbishment. Ask hotel when booking.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear tantan246,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments and it's great to hear the hotel location and room accommodations exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to ensure our guests’ satisfaction is met with the excellence of service and accommodations you expect. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that if you are ever back here in the area, you will visit with us again.

Zelyn N