“Excellent”

Ranked #630 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Zell am See, Austria
“Excellent”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We had 1 junior suite and also 1 twin. Very happy with the suite, clean, comfortable loads of nice extras (fruit juice, mineral water, biscuits etc.) Beds and towels are excellent. The twin room was comfortable and well appointed. Both rooms were quiet. Food very good. Staff excellent and we're very good with our two year old. No problem with keeping our rooms for a late check out. This hotel is 3 minutes walk from the Harley Street area and near to Oxford Street. Only downside is that there is only 1 lift which can cause a slight delay. This is not my usual London hotel but I would happily stay here again and hopefully soon.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I checked into this hotel around 9 pm and no thought went into my room choice as they tried to put me in a room where i shared a communal hall with another room guest. as soon as I realized this I asked to be put in another room as I pointed out I wouldn't feel safe as a woman on her own.

The room was very hot and the radiator was very noisy all night which I couldn't control. The room smelt musty and everything just looked tired.

Location was ideal as just around the corner from the conference I was attending the next day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear tcat68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. We work hard to deliver exemplary guest experiences but it is unfortunate we weren't able to do so on this occasion especially with the condition of the room you were given and level of customer service received. This is definitely not up to standards and we will definitely use your feedback to improve what we can offer to our valued guests.

Again, thank you for your time in writing us a review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The only attribute is location at the shopping centre of London. Its rather old hotel (need refreshment) and quite expensive for quality I had been offered. However London is not low price capital and I would advice book only if price is lowest possible compared by booking or trivago.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear AdrianDamian,

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our rates. We will look into this concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights while on a business trip. Location was excellent for my purpose, plus close to Oxford Street for shopping. The hotel was clean, service was very good and friendly, and reception was efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was spacious and clean, bathroom equally so. Noise levels were very low, even with the window open I had no problem sleeping - to my surprise, considering the city centre location. Overall I had a very comfortable stay, will stay there again on future trips.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked this hotel at the beginning of February and after reading some of the reviews began to have doubts about our visit. On arrival the receptionist handled everything as would be accepted and a warm friendly greeting was extended to our party of guests.. Our rooms were very clean and well appointed on the 1st floor rear. The TV could possibly have extra station to view but this I believe is due to be installed soon.

the beds were very comfortable as were the two types of pillows and additional blankets that were provided. the room also had the normal equipment that all holiday Inn's have as standard, all very clean.

No excessive noises were present, as one review that I read complained about and the passing noise of a capital city was minimal. it did not wake any of our party up..

The Bar and seating areas were very comfortable and clean with friendly staff and a good selection of fare.. We did not participate in any dinner or breakfast menus which you require your room pass card to record against your room number. I will mention this further on the checking out.

Access was easy to the lifts to all floors with very clean elevators. The porterage service was excellent too.

On checking out which the hotel, if you ask them, will always try and accommodate you with a late 2.pm check out as opposed to 11am. they will also if you ask as we di if they would not mind storing our cases until %pm . they did this without charge and for that we were very grateful.

The one slight downside was during handing over our room cards was being presented wit ha bill for two breakfasts for the Sunday where my party all ate out.. we informed the receptionist of this who spoke to the hotel 's duty manager who cancelled the bill. We were informed that someone had used our room numbers to charge 2 breakfasts on the Sunday. Read the piece of card that holds your room access cards when you check in.. It states that in order to access food and drink , you need the card to charge this to your room number..

Other than the last comment we would definitely use this hotel again and will do.. a very nice stay

Room Tip: We had rear room in the 90's on the first floor. all three were very good.
1 Thank malcolm r
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Travelled from Australia to watch Sunderland in the League Cup final against Man City at Wembley. This hotel was simply outstanding. Shared a twin single bed room 282 with my mate from Dubai for two nights then got an upgrade with my Platinum Membership for the second two nights complete with an extra single bed for my mate who tracelled down from the North East. Nothing was too much for this hotel. The front end even when busy never looked under pressure. The team were polite, had a joke with you, helped you without the need to ask. Simply superb really. Breakfast was excellent and good value for money, the bar was always attended and the concierge even called you by name after the first day. Special mention to the Italian girl Martina on reception. You have an absolute star there Holiday Inn. I was waiting for the taxi to the airport in the foyer area and was thinking that it's just like leaving home. The only downer for the weekend was Man City beat us 3-1! Anyway I've found my London home now for future visits (hopefully the FA Cup Final in May!!!). Stayed in a lot of Inter Continentals and Crowne Plazas in my time but would drive passed them happily to stay at this place again. Thanks so much Holiday Inn for probably my best ever hotel stay. (The thirty or so Sunderland fans that also stayed there were also very complimentary so hopefully we will all be back shortly) This time wth the FA CUP won!! Well Done Holiday Inn Oxford Circus. Travelling on to HK now for a couple of nights at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile a favourite haunt of mine.

Room Tip: Rooms were nice and quiet in the middle of busy London.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is located just 3 minutes from Bond Street station, through a narrow street adjacent to H&M.
- Rooms: comfortable, spacious and modern. Good wifi service in the room we were in.
- Staff: dealt with 3 staff, 2 were very helpful, 1 refused to give me wifi key even though I am an IHG member
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for short trips as it has a brilliant location. It is, however, slightly pricey.

1 Thank Neil B