I have stayed here loads of times...but no more...This is a copy of the email I sent them in case anyone is interested.....Its a nice hotel but it has jumped on the bandwagon of going non smoking...
I just want to say that I have been staying at your hotel once or twice a year for a few years now and have always been happy with everything. I (and my wife) have been staying in Holiday Inns forever but it seems like that is about to come to an end. I recently had to stay in Exeter HI Express (not for the first time)only to find out it has become "non smoking"...So I won't be staying there again.
So what do I find when I go online the other day to book a couple of nights with you in Early July as part of my wifes birthday celebration.....You've gone "non smoking".....Well thanks a bunch for that.....So you've decided to jump on the bandwagon of turning smokers into second class citizens and I'm sure you'll have a good excuse but I'm sure its down to money cos I'm damn sure you are not doing it out of concern for anyones health.
Was there really any harm in keeping a small proportion of rooms available for smokers, we don't ask for much, we don't want your silly little areas set aside for us to go and have a cigarette....We just want to be treated the same as anyone else....A room that I've paid for and should be allowed to smoke in if I want to. If the precious non smokers of the world don't like it...Tough...I'm not asking them to sleep in my room with me and inhale the (unproved) terrible toxic fumes that will kill them in minutes if exposed...I'm not even asking them to look at me and judge me and see the (unproved) terrible toxic fumes which will obviously kill them if they see me enjoying myself for to long.....God how I wish I could be like them, so righteous, all knowing so "how dare they smoke in my presence and spoil my view of the world".......Oh enough.....Can't be bothered to rant on anymore...Thanks for nothing....Very disappointed Holiday Inn...The law does not state that all hotels have to be non smoking but you've decided for your own reasons to alienate me.....I'm not going to turn into one of those smokers who lies to you to get a room like 100's of them do then have a ciggy in your rooms anyway with a window open.
I won't be staying with you again........bye bye...........Name and IHG Rewards Number supplied
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London