“Perfect Location but not over impressed with reception staff.”

Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
Ranked #617 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Liverpool, England
“Perfect Location but not over impressed with reception staff.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Location, just behind Oxford Street is the only real plus of this hotel. I found the reception staff, none with strong English speaking facilities, superficially courteous and not particularly concerned that my room was still not ready for check in by 2pm! Perhaps it was a language/communication issue but telling me my room was actually ready but I couldn't check in because it hadn't been inspected didn't make much sense to me. Breakfast, if inclusive is good, but could be pricey if purchased as individual items. The wifi is abysmally slow and at £ 16 per day is quite expensive. This facility is now free in a lot of hotels. Rooms are average London size, clean with basic facilities and nothing special. Housekeeping were late getting to my room so that despite being out all day the room hadnt been cleaned by the time we returned. It is definitely the location which would make me consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
KJAFraser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Holidaymaker123,

Please accept my apologies for any confusion at check-in regarding your room being ready.
Check-in time is from 2pm daily and we do try to ensure that wherever possible rooms are ready for our guests on arrival.
We offer free standard wi-fi to all IHG Rewards Members and if you need high speed internet we can provide but this does cost £5.00 for 1 hour, £10.00 for 12 hours or £16.00 per 24 hours.

I do hope that you will stay with us again as our location is very central

Kevin Fraser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a short break in London with my wife using my IHG points. The location was great, being so close to Oxford Street and some great restaurants. Hotel was standard Holiday Inn fare, clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. I would recommend this hotel of anyone looking to stay in London.

Dear Barry A,

Thank you for your completing your review and thank you for recommending our hotel for everyone looking for a hotel in London. I am pleased that it was an enjoyable experience for you and your wife and we hope to welcome you back on a future trip to London.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

You know exactly what you get here. A second visit for us with comfortable clean room with bath (great after a long days walking). Wi fi free to loyalty members.

Breakfast good choice of hot and cold. Too expensive to buy seperately but good if you can get a good inclusive rate!

Location perfect for all shops - you can drop the bags back as you go and the cool restaurants in St Christopher's place.

Dear Chris P,

Firstly thank you for staying with us when you were in London and thank you for your positive review. For future reference you can buy an advance breakfast on check-in if on a room only rate at a cost of £12.00 per person.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is located in a perfect place. The staff service is great. I got a room that was a bit of a disappointment. Once I contacted Holiday Inn customer care they did excellent work and moved me to good room in a very nice a honored way. As I said this is not the best hotel in town but given the location and service the rest is less important

Room Tip: Simply insist to see the rooms. I think the refurbished are on the 5th and 6th floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uri K
Dear Uri K,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in London. I am pleased that we were able to move you to a room you were happy with.

My team were happy to help and resolve this for you and I will pass your feedback to them.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here back in July. Nice and easy to find from the tube in a nice quiet street away from the bustle of Oxford circus. On arrival reception and the hotel bar look really modern and sleek. We was quickly checked in (early) and we gained an upgrade due to priority club.
Unfortunately the rooms were not to the same standard. It was clean but the decor was very dated.
I would consider staying here again purely for location but i do feel there are better ihg hotels within the city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear gc 1982,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and I pleased that my team were able to check you in early and upgrade you on arrival.

I am sorry you found the decor in the room dated; we are constantly reviewing and upgrading our product and would hope that this does not stop you from staying again. I was pleased that you liked the arrival reception and lounge as we have just upgraded this area.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is moderately priced (for London) and is centrally located for shopping, tourist, and West End productions. Fabulous location for tube access, the West End theater district, Fortnum & Mason, LIberty shops. Breakfast was standard English fare.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SoonersfromHouston,

That you for writing Best Location in London for our hotel. I agree with you there and I am pleased that our central location suited your needs; it is also quiet on our side street away from the crowds on Oxford Street.

Please do let me know if you are staying again.

Newcastle
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped for one night and the hotel was fine. It is located really well about an easy 3 minutes walk from bond street tube and 5 from oxford circus. There are plenty of good pubs and restaurants around the hotel and the area is good . The hotel is fine with the only slight negative being when we came back late on the Saturday night we just walked in with nobody visible on reception which needs to be addressed from a security aspect

2 Thank stevemNewcastle
Dear StevemNewcastle,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to London. I am pleased that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my apologies that the desk was not manned when you came back late on the Saturday evening. The desk should be manned at all times.

Thank you for letting me know so I can deal with it.