I was worried that our room with two double beds would be too small for two adults and two teenagers, but was pleased to find that we had (just barely) enough space. The beds were comfortable and there were numerous pillows (inaccurately) labeled with the degree of firmness. The bathroom was tiny and had peeling paint and a few stains on the ceiling, but otherwise clean. Weird feature: room key had to be placed in a wall mounted device in order for the electricity to work. Furniture was old, sparse and poor quality. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, for example, we had a fedex delivery and they brought it right up to our room as soon as it arrived. Re: the internet, we used a nearby internet cafe recommended by hotel staff. Location of hotel was excellent - near loads of shopping, underground, busses, etc. Breakfast buffet was WAY overpriced and not too appealing. Better off eating at one of the numerous cafes on Marylebone HIgh Street a short walk from the hotel. I would suggest Patisserie Valerie where we had a delicious breakfast for less than half the price of the hotel buffet and it was freshly made to order. The menu was excellent and one could get just about anything. Also on Marylebone - Starbucks and a Barclays ATM (no charge for Bank of America customers, btw). For dinner or lunch near the hotel, try James Street - burgers and sweet potato fries were really good at Gorilla Burger and Made In Italy had terrific pizza and salads. Also Selfridges Department Store has an extensive food section where you can get drinks, fruit, desserts, sliced meats and cheeses, bread, etc, although pricey. The hotel has a small, but well stocked bar in the lobby and we found it very handy to buy a couple of beers there and bring them back to the room at night while we caught up on the news of the day. We chose this hotel because it was difficult to find accommodations for four in one room in London, and although it was far from luxurious, it was certainly adequate for the price (in London terms).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London