“Basic”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Basic”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed her for work. Other hotels in the locality were "over budget". Hmmmm.

Check in was quick but I was sent to the wrong lifts so I couldn't find my room. Trudge back down with the suitcase and work bag. Told the right lift, no apology or help offered.

Room is clean but VERY basic. The beds have improved, but that's about it, everything worked though.

Breakfast was just about ok in terms of the food quality and variety. However, it was so busy there was no where to sit - I took my food and coffee into the lobby and sat there. Not great.

Check out was quick but when I came back later in the day to pick up my suitcase I stood in line for 20 minutes.

Overall, if it has to be here then it might just do. But its a pretty joyless, functional at best experience. I'd rather be elsewhere, and win my own money I'd definitely be upgrading. Life's too short for hotels this basic.

Room Tip: Apparently the annex is quieter. My room in there certainly didn't suffer from station noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael B, General Manager at Ibis London Euston St Pancras, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.
Human Resources and Administrative Co-ordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel which has a great location. Any closer to the Euston Station and you would be on the platform. Rooms fairy small but clean and tidy.Highly recommended to all who want a reasonably priced hotel close to London centre

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm W
Michael B, General Manager at Ibis London Euston St Pancras, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Euston in London.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We do not like using a credit card as security because our card has been hacked more than once in recent times. The Hotel would not accept a cheque. I could not obtain cash late at night. Eventually the Hotel accepted our passports as security until morning. They did solve the problem but only after significant hassle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

1 Thank Keith M
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review.Taking a pre-authorisation of a credit or debit card at the time of check-in is our standard procedure. A pre-authorisation is not a debit and money does not leave your account at this stage but is effectively ‘held’, we are sorry to hear that you find it inappropriate.We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If your looking for a reasonably priced hotel near London with a short walk to the tube, consider the IBIS London Euston St. Pancreas Hotel near the Euston station.. It is an ideal place to stay near shopping, restaurants and transportation..
This 380 room hotel seems to fill up, so make your reservations early when planning your trip to London.
We checked in on 17 May 2014.
The IBIS Hotel rooms ,like most others in London, are small in comparison to hotel rooms in The U.S..
This seems to be typical of London hotels ,unless your staying at a higher end hotel like the Hilton located near by with room rates much higher.( IBIS is part of the Sofitel Hotel chain which incudes the Novatel Hotels a step above the IBIS, where you will pay more for your room).
The hotel restaurant serves very good food!
Taxies cruise day and night pass the hotel and you can easily find a ride.( taxi parking out side the hotel.
Since we were taking the Eurostar from St. Pancreas Station to Paris, the taxi ride was only 8 pounds.
By the way, I would purchase your Eurostar ticket to Paris at least 2 to 3 months ahead if you know on what day you are traveling to get great prices. $65 USD one way advance purchase. If you pay at the station on the day of travel, you will pay 179 pounds about $ 250 USD depending on the departure time.
Happy travels,

Sydney Paul
The bath rooms are small with a combination shower tub(. Wonder why they seem to build these soaking bath tubs in England with such high sides that you need a step ladder to safely climb in )!
Our room was exceptionally clean with a very comfortable bed.
Our heating unit in this hotel room needs improvement.! The maintenance person could not get our room temperature up.. The blankets that were bought up were excellent thick ones!
Restuarant

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis London Euston in London.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been staying here for a few months on and off during the week for 1 - 3 nights and it has gone through some changes. The reception is all done and the whole area looks better. I tried to check in early, as usually if they have a room, they let you in. Today, if you check in before 1200, it costs £20, for what?? I came back later and checked in and for ease, I chose to eat in the restaurant. The food was ok, but the service was a mess. They didn't seem to know who does what and wouldn't look at you when you asked for anything, hence three tables getting their order in before me. I eat again in there two nights later and the service was better but the food was well below average. I also had to go to the reception three times to sort my key out because it wouldn't work, three times! I also asked for some shower gel in the morning, did it arrive, no. When you tell anyone anything, all they say is, sorry about that, nothing else. This place needs managing properly.

Room Tip: Try to get in the annex, which is to the left of the reception, not where the lifts opposite recepti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug_421
Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at the ibis London Euston St Pancras I have now had the opportunity to investigate the matter with Michael Bohler, General Manager of the hotel.
I would like to apologise for the shortfalls in the standard of service you received on this occasion.We expect our staff to handle all situations with eth utmost courtesy, sympathy and helpfulness and we deeply regret the adverse impression you have gained on your stay.
Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.
Best Regards,
northern ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Usually stay elsewhere in the area, but got a good rate here midweek when other hotels were outlandishly expensive.
The check-in area, bar and restaurant are modern and quite stylish, and the breakfast is really good - frequently replenished, varied and with comfortable seating areas.
However, after you go up in the lift, things change fairly dramatically. The corridors are long and drab, looking a bit like a roadside motel. The rooms are reasonable but VERY basic - beds are comfortable, but towels are minimal, air conditioning is poor and there is no safe!!!! (this latter is one of the basic necessities for travellers, especially in large cities like London!!).
And this idea of renting rooms out for daytime use? I think it's a bad idea. Most of us know why people book these rooms, and I saw (and heard!) evidence of this!
I would stay here again if I got a good rate, but would prefer elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in the webpage and for staying with us in ibis London Euston st Pancras.All comments received are reviewed and discussed and used to influence future service developments.
I would like to apologise that you were disturbed as a result of inconsiderate noises of other guests. While we make every effort to ensure that guests conduct themselves in a manner so as to not disturb other guests, it is unfortunate that, on this occasion, this was not respected.
In terms of safe, We are sorry we don't have any in the rooms but we do have them at reception, so for the next time if you need to keep something in the safe, just ask at our Reception team and they will guide you to them and give you a personal key for it.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis in the future.
Best Regards,