“Handy location”

Ibis London Euston St Pancras
Ranked #352 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014 whilst on business in London. I have stayed here before but not for some time and note that the reception area has been significantly improved. It's much more welcoming now. My room was as I expected, basic but clean and a little tired. For London the prices are good here and the hotel is really handy for Euston station. It's a big hotel and my room was quite a hike from reception. The staff are very pleasant and I find it fine for a business trip. I wouldn't elect to stay here for a personal trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steph847
Michael B, General Manager at Ibis London Euston St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rooms are basic but with very comfortable bed & pillows and plenty of hot water in the shower.
We had a room on side opposite to the station and could hear a bit of noise, I imagine that rooms opposite would be noisier.
Breakfast was good value given other options in London.
Biggest plus is being opposite Euston tube station giving easy access to London via the tube.

If you are an Aussie looking for accommodation in London, my biggest tip is to make sure you pick some where close to a tube station, It will may your trip so much easier and more enjoyable (also buy an Oyster Card online and bring with you).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shayne-Patricia

We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests, including positive comments which help us to recognise and reinforce excellent service within the team.
Human Resources and administrative coordinator

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Main issue was the temperature of the room. It was a hot night, and the rooms have NO aircon. Tried the thermostat - no air came through. Had to have window open - noisy. Receptionist wasn't helpful....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Matthew M

I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused.
I regret that you found the temperature of your room to be too warm and am very sorry if this prevented you from enjoying a good sleep. Our Ibis hotels have an ‘air cooling’ system in place which does differ from air conditioning and this system is partly dependant on the external temperature. As in actuality it was unseasonably warm at the time of your stay, I can only apologise if this system was not sufficiently effective on this occasion.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we are waiting to welcome you back soon,
Regards,
Pablo Dopacio
Human Resources and Administrator coordinator.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I know Ibis is one of Accor's budget offerings but this hotel made it very clear profits and not guests are the priority. On arrival I was allocated a room in a wing with only one lift meaning I was waiting a while just to get to it. I was then disappointed to discover that my room was right outside the lift, had a terrible pod-like bathroom and no iron (which instead is offered in a dedicated room in the other wing). As such I asked to be moved and admittedly this was done quickly. However the fittings in the new room weren't much better and I soon discovered rumbling from the nearby underground could be heard every few minutes well into the night and early morning. Overall this budget offering is nowhere near as comfortable or hospitable as other budget hotel chains in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments sent via our website, concerning your stay at Ibis London Euston. I have since had an opportunity to review your concerns with the management team at the hotel.
I was sorry to learn that the standard of the room allocated to you did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Your comments have been addressed to the relevant members of the team. I apologise for any inconvenience or discomfort caused to you by these shortfalls in the standard of your accommodation.
Human Resources and Administrator coordinator

Reviewed 3 July 2014

London is very expensive, so even budget is not very cheap. However, I was satisfied with the price and quality of this hotel for London. It is right outside Euston station (but not noisy). The room was large enough and comfortable. Breakfast is extra and was very busy when we were there, so if you have researched some place outside, I say go outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for having your review in Tripadvisor, We are happy that you find the hotel comfortable and good to relax and rest. We will be happy to see you again.
Best regards,
Human Resources and administrative Co-ordinator

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and i were a little anxious about our stay after reading the reviews but need not have been. We had changed from another hotel brand over in Waterloo to be nearer to St Pancras for the eurostar. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the vibrant aussie (Kirsty) we felt welcomed and comfortable. The checkin was professional and very streamlined. Our room was spotless and in the second tower - very quiet! Yes the rooms are compact but it is an IBIS and we didn't plan to spend all day in the room. Bed was very comfy whilst enough room for 2 med cases. We have travelled all over the world being aussies and stayed in some exceptional hotels. The breakfast spread was plentiful and replenished regularly. Yes it can be busy but you can choose your time to avoid the peak hour. dining room is beautifully designed with a range of eating spaces eg small tables, benches with stools and little quiet nooks plus the bar area that also served snacks 24 hours. Whilst there wasn't a room safe Florence assisted us with using the safety deposit box which is a sometimes a better option than a room safe. We will return as this was value for money given that it is London and during both the Wimbledon and The Henly Regatta were on as well as the Tour de France. Very closely located to the stop for the on/off bus companies which was an efficient way to see London. Also 20min walk to Covent garden for a range of musicals/performances. Fantastic memories and will be back!

Room Tip: Second tower to avoid the noise otherwise all rooms are identical
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDMGeelongAustralia
Michael B, General Manager at Ibis London Euston St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for posting your experience in ibis London Euston st Pancras, I would like to thank you as well for the good comments about our staff and I personally will pass the message to our team, feedback as yours make their work special and worth it.
We will be pleased to welcome you back in our property

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Weary after an extended flight from New York we were greeted by the smiling face of Kristy at the front desk. Her vibrant and helpful nature immediately reenergised my wife and I and we were swiftly located in our room. London is London and the accomodation prices at this hotel are in our opinion very reasonable. The rooms are typically London compact but are clean and the beds were most importantly very comfortable. A standout feature is the vibe and funkiness of the dining and lounge areas. The staff are quite young and enthusiastically assist at every opportunity. The dining and breakfast food is of a very high standard and delivers quaIty and quantity with fresh food being replenished regularly. An outstanding feature of this hotel is its proximity to the St Pancris and is only a £7 taxi ride to the station with luggage or an easy 15 min walk if you have carry on luggage. Likewise the hop on hop buses pass nearby so all of Londons and Westminsters attractions are at your doorstep. Likewise, my wife viewed and watched the Commitments musical at The Palace which was an absolute hoot. Half price tickets were gleaned from the tickets box in Leicester Square. After the show we made the easy 25 minute walk back to the Ibis. We both agree we will return to this hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the second tower away from Euston Station
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barryt035

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis London Euston in London. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Kind regards,