“Tidy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #359 of 1,087 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Tidy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

A nice comfy room, very clean, well stocked bar, polite staff, reception areas spacious and lots of fresh fruit at reception counter. We did not use the dining (breakfast too pricey at £24 each & plenty of surrounding choices) but ..nothing to critique with what we used.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Sue M,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found rooms to be comfortable, tidy and well equipped. Great customer service is one of our greatest assets and I am happy to hear that you had a chance to experience it.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Joanna Carruthers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Overall this is a very comfortable, friendly hotel to stay in and the staff are very welcoming. The rate was good for London and the room was well equipped but it was on the small size and the windows rattled very badly in the wind (admittedly strong) but this made a good night's sleep impossible. The continental breakfast was goos but choice limited compared to an earlier visit. Otherwise I would recommend Rydges Kensington whole-heartedly.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Docedinburgh,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found rooms to be comfortable and well equipped. Friendly and welcoming staff is one of our greatest assets and I am happy to hear that you had a chance to experience great customer service.

Thank you very much for your review and sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Next time you stay with us please contact Duty Manager or any member of staff to inform about any inconveniences so any issues can be rectified as soon as possible.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Eastbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

But our room 13 was in lower ground next to some device which was running all night making noise and not a pleasant view from the window!
Was dissapointed about that!
I do not think guest rooms should be in these areas of any hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ryanmonika
Dear Ryanmonika,

thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your home away from home.

Thank you very much for your review and sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. Next time you stay with us please contact Duty Manger or a member of Front Office team to address any issues immediately. We strive to ensure unforgettable stay and rectify any issues immediately.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the future.

amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Someone else paid for my room, thankfully. I had a presentation to give the following day which required Internet. It took 3 visits to front desk and a reboot to get it working and then the speed was so low that not worth using. Maybe it was fine at other times, but not for me. The door key on my 2nd time back to the room failed to open the door and needed to be remade. Lastly when i arrived at breakfast, if you wanted eggs there was a 5 pound surcharge!

At 150 pounds a night you will get a really comfortable bed and great bathroom and central london location, but the surcharges on breakfast are just stupid and the poor connectivity and door issue not worthy of the price.

Room Tip: don't get the ones that are underground....
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Lifesized,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

Thank you very much for your review and sharing your thoughts. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We strive to meet the expectations of our guests each and every time. I am sorry that on this occasion we fell short on achieving this.

I have spoken to the departments concerned to investigate the issues you have addressed to make sure internet connectivity is good at all times as well as room keys work properly.

Thank you once again for taking time to bring your experience to my attention.

Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Well situated for Gloucester Road tube,lovely modern trendy rooms although a bit small, but for a weekend break just perfect. Bed was really comfy, showers hot and good pressure.Booked via Hotwire so didn't have any say over room ours had a view of the whitewashed wall of next door.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosieposiepops
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Rossiepossiepops,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be a fabulous. Great location is definitely our greatest asset. I am happy to hear that you found room to be comfortable and well equipped.

Thank you for your great review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

As a Rydges Platinum member, my entitlements were carried across and honored here in London which made me very happy from check in to check out the following day. With many properties in the Rydges chain, the member benefits are hit and miss, but not here.

The bar staff were exceptional, I had a catch up with two friends I had not seen in a while and the staff while we sat at the bar made them feel as welcome and as part of the hotel as I was.

We had the burger and pint deal for dinner and I must say that the burger was equally as good as the best burger I have had in recent memory. It is a pity the wine selection is very limited at the bar with the Shiraz being some unknown "wooloomooloo" brand which wasn't that great - it didn't stop us drinking 3 bottles, but a better selection is justified.

My room was upgraded on check in to their suite - this was easily the biggest room I have ever had in London - I didn't like the 2X King singles joined to make a king bed, but that happens all over and Rydges is not alone in doing this. In future stays, I will probably book this room as it was exceptional from all furnishings and layout. There's a review at my web-blog www.ff-a.com/join (will take you to my invite only facebook group)

I purchased the Stay and Fly deal (in reverse) where I was transferred to LHR the following day by the hotel - my surprise was founded when the transfer vehicle (I was expecting a mini van) turned out to be a 320 Mercedes.

Easily the best hotel I have stayed in in London. Sadly missing from their website is - "Just across the road from Gloucester Tube Station". Great location - it really is.

FYI. I am Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Rydges Platinum and SPG nearly something - stay 150+ nights per year in hotels across the world.

Room Tip: Take the suites - you wont be dissapointed
Dear MunitaIP,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be the best in London. Great location is definitely our greatest asset. Famous London museums, local shops, bars and restaurants are just a short stroll from the Hotel. Friendly and accommodating members of staff guarantees exceptional customer service and unforgettable experience.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about wine selection in the Polo bar. I will bring it to the attention of the departments concerned for a wine list to be reviewed.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Amazing location, kind and helpfull staff. Definitely a perfect hotel for a city trip to London!

Everything you need is nearby, the tube is less than 100m away and it is only a 5 minutes ride to Oxford street..

Perfect..

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Elin P,

Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London.

I am pleased to hear that you found Rydges hotel to be perfect. Great location is definitely our greatest asset. Famous London museums, local shops, bars and restaurants are just a short stroll from the Hotel.