Having stayed at the Rydges hotel at Sydney airport I was really looking forward to a two night stay at this hotel. I took the tube to Gloucester Road tube station and the hotel is across the road and a short 75m walk to hotel. Check-in very smooth and easy. Located room which was in an odd location directly off the stairs. Upon entering the room was a little disappointed as to the size and quality compared to the Sydney hotel, The room was quite small as was the bathroom, Everything I needed was there but lacked the finesse of a real quality hotel.
Had dinner in the restaurant which was a lovely meal and would definitely recommend.
The hotel is a short walk to the Natural museum and Victoria Albert. It is about a 25 mins walk to Harrods and 30-35 mins from Hyde Park. As such is well placed for all amenities in the Kensington area. I think the only reason for my disappointment with this hotel was due to the hotel in Sydney which was outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Kensington London is a four star deluxe design inspired boutique hotel which has been fully refurbished in 2011. Facilities include wired and wireless internet, fitness suite, Restaurant & Wine Bar, Lounge Bar, 24 hour room service etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Rydges Kensington London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Kensington London Hotel London
- Rydges Kensington Plaza London
- Hotel Rydges Kensington Plaza
- Hotel London Rydges
- Rydges London