“perfect Hotel in London”

Rydges Kensington London
Ranked #344 of 1,089 Hotels in London
La Hulpe, Belgium
“perfect Hotel in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is very well located, easy to walk to museum and tube station across the road. Cosy, nice and very clean hotel. Bathroom was perfect and room too with confortable bed ans pretty modern decoration. Some rooms are very small but we booked an exective room and it was perfect. Nice breakfast, reception very helpfull and kind

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank helene v
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Helene,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington Hotel London. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our location. It is always a pleasure to receive positive reviews.

I will share your comments with our staff as this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Joanna Carruthers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a single room for my mother. I thought, it's a 4 star hotel and it wasn't cheap so the standard will be high. Her room was so small that she felt like she was staying in a closet. The shower wasn't clean, there was black fungus in the corners.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Joess_83
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Joess,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Rydges Kensington London. I appreciate the time you have taken to write and would like to thank you for making me aware of the issues experienced, this kind of honest feedback is essential for us to address areas in which we may not be fulfilling our full service potential.

I am very sorry to hear the single room was not up to your expectations. Our Single rooms are equipped with a single bed , perhaps you could book a double room or executive room on your next visit as these rooms are much more spacious should you wish to give us another try.

I am also disappointed to read your comments regarding the shower. Please rest assured I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team and I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel London and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kløfta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Me and 3 friends stayed from thursday till sunday in april in twin rooms. The rooms were very nice! Very comfortable beds, nice bathroom with a good shower. Nice complimentary beauty products and a good variety of amenities. Also very good climate in the room, I often think it is too warm or poor ventilation in hotels.
However I think its a shame that the hotel does not offer free wifi, even though I read earlier in a reply from manager here on Tripadvisor that they had started to offer it. I had to pay 10 Pounds for 24 hour code, this is too expensive!
Othervise very friendly and helpful staff and a very good location in London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Camilla A
Dear Camila,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Rydges Kensington Hotel. I am very pleased to hear you loved our twin room and the room amenities.

I am however sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Wi-Fi charges. Unfortunately we do currently charge for this service. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to review our product and services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Saonara, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel is in a good location, they give me a very small room. I can not stand with my arm wide open without touching both the walls. It was not a comfortable room, at all. I left the room at 7.30 and at 14.00 none has clean up the room and I have to ask twice to send someone. There was a strike of the public transportation (not their fault of course) the guy at the concierge was so rude and he didn't reply to the questions concerning bus or taxi. For the price I've paid there are so many other option here in London.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ste79pd
JoannaCarruthers, General Manager at Rydges Kensington London, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Ste79pd,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Rydges Kensington Hotel , but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Rydges, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear you were allocated a very small room. Perhaps next time you can book our double or executive rooms which are much more spacious. I am also sorry to hear about our shortcomings with regards to the service you received from our concierge.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Rydges Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lovely, cosy hotel, in a great location. Tube station across the road, and walking distance to many interesting places. I had a ground floor room at the back, no view, but the room was bigger than I expected given the reviews. Comfortable bed, small bathroom, but fine for me, with very nice toiletries. I did not eat on site, there was a number of nice breakfast places nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Shoeberry,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Kensington London Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are very pleased to hear you liked our location and your room. We are located very close to the tube station and we are surrounded by many local restaurants and bars.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

rooms are not extraordinary (size basicly) but hotel have a very good location (bus and tube) to visit London. Breakfast is in the average rating or level of a hotel with this categorie but the breakfast-room is pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Francesc,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Rydges Kensington London Hotel. We are very pleased to hear you liked our location and our breakfast room.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel delivered, what you saw in the glossy pictures were real. Lovely hotel with a cosy atmosphere and extremely nice and courteous staff. The bedroom as in most London Hotels was not huge but big enough to get around, bed was very comfortable, lovely pristine bathroom and toiletries. We could not fault this hotel or the service we received.

The continental breakfast on offer was excellent with a lovely choice of produce which was more than enough to set you up for the day.

The Hotel is situated in a top area very central to tube, shops, restaurants, galleries, etc. For a London hotel in this area it represented good value. We would most definitely return.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want